Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi fellow Wingers,
I have a 1984 Goldwing Aspencade that is really difficult for me to get on the center stand.I can ;but only after a lot effort.
Is it important to use it after every ride or at the end of every day.
Can you just use it when putting it up for extended periods of no riding and maybe also when you are servicing it.
Value your feedback and thank you in advance!

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
Some people never use it, I use it all the time, no big deal one way of another. Once you master the method of putting it on the center stand it is really easy.

·
Registered
123 Posts
LOL, I could stand on mine all day long and it's not going up (I'm about 155 lbs). I can get it on the center stand, but usually don't bother unless I'm working on it, or just want to sit on it when it's parked.

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
im on a 5# lifting restriction and can get either wing on the center stand, like joe said once you master the method it's easy

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
The secret is to push with your leg while you straighten up, I can do it with slippers on. Haven't tried bare footed yet, and probably WON'T

·
Registered
11 Posts
two and half years I've had my ride and was able to get it up once :). Watched the video and damn if it didn't raise up like I had been doing all my life. Txs for the help folks.

Jim

·
Registered
183 Posts
Here is my 2 cents, all these videos look so easy. Ya if you weigh 240 lbs.

Here is my point: If the center stand foot pedel is 12" from pivot point and if you weigh 80# more than I thats a 80 ft lbs of force difference.

·
Premium Member
23,772 Posts
Here is my 2 cents, all these videos look so easy. Ya if you weigh 240 lbs.
I decided that this center-standing was not going to kick my butt. I got mad and told the bike, " Your going up with me or were going down together ! " I soon realized I wasn't following through with one motion. Kind of like check- swing on a baseball bat. I was wimping out halfway through. I'm 180 lbs. 6'0"

·
Premium Member
1,999 Posts
I always center stand my baby when I but her away for the night. My garage floor is slightly tilted so it makes it a little easier. It is a little bit of a push to get her off the stand. It also helps that I'm 6.1 and 195lb.

·
Super Moderator
14,413 Posts
I’ve found it awkward to get the Wing onto the center stand. Thanks for the video reference.
Watching that made it look easy, I will give that technique a try.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts