Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I plan on changing the stock alternator to the Compufire with a AGM battery. Any tips or tricks on how to go about changing it? Nothing wrong with stock, I just want higher amp alt. This will be on a 95 1500SE.

·
Premium Member
7,508 Posts
I plan on changing the stock alternator to the Compufire with a AGM battery. Any tips or tricks on how to go about changing it? Nothing wrong with stock, I just want higher amp alt. This will be on a 95 1500SE.
Let us know how much this will cost you? You doing the install?

·
Premium Member
582 Posts
Not very hard to do. Better if you have a manual to look at as you work on the removal. Be sure to replace the rubber dampers even if the ones in there look good. Oh the compufire is a tad bigger than stock so you will have to use care in the reinstall.....it will fit though just a little tight.

·
Premium Member
5,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
WIll order from Wingstuff for $439.00 and order 4 of the new rubbers, and will install myself. I was hoping Ron Robertson would pop in as he stated he has changed a bunch of them.

·
Premium Member
16,742 Posts
Be sure to read the installation instructions. As was said it is larger then the stock one and the positioning of the the bolt tabs while install the compufire is very important.

·
Administrator
28,996 Posts
Easy peasy. Changed my 95's no issues. Be sure things are nicely cleaned, take your time, change the dampers, position bolt tabs (as Ron said), double check everything.

When it's done you can add all types of accessories (an Ole Fossil's was heated gear).:cool:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts