Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I have a question about my 2010 level 3 Goldwing.
How fast will it go ?
I joined the Utah Salt Flats Racing Association and plan on trying to make it to the Salt Flats in September to see how fast it will really go.
I know it will do about 130 MPH, don't ask how I know, it may have been illegal.
Has anyone done 150 MPH on a Goldwing? Will it go that fast?

·
Administrator
29,023 Posts
Ok, I have a question about my 2010 level 3 Goldwing.
How fast will it go ?
I joined the Utah Salt Flats Racing Association and plan on trying to make it to the Salt Flats in September to see how fast it will really go.
I know it will do about 130 MPH, don't ask how I know, it may have been illegal.
Has anyone done 150 MPH on a Goldwing? Will it go that fast?
No but Wendover is a cool place for sure.:cool:

Good Luck.

·
Premium Member
24,630 Posts
Well, if you want to run it on the 'salt' and see just what it will do, let us know the results for sure. Personally I'd be a bit leary of running a Wing over 120 due to the possibility of aerodynamic lift:eek: coming into play at the speeds you speak of. With a smaller (or absent) windscreen and some streamlining of the bags and trunk, it might be possible though...:cool:

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Budoka, at 130 MPH it gets a little light and toughy on the steering and you have to be 100% paying attention. I am curious about 150 MPH ?

·
Super Moderator
12,272 Posts
125MPH on my 1200 was fast enough! :eek:

·
Registered
9,536 Posts
I always think about those little golfers out in the sand when I'm golng that fast. I try to stay under 110.:eek:

·
Registered
9,536 Posts
Do you do breakfast Rex

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Chopin114 - It was a pleasure meeting you and riding with you. I am sure we will do it again in the near future, but that eternity thing will have to wait another 20 years. Then again, I could slip and fall in the shower tomorrow and be waiting for you for our next ride.

Goldendragon1329 - I do breakfast and I do 2nd breakfast (Hobits know) and would not mind riding up the PA way for either, or Lunch for that matter.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
I met a couple of guys who told me they had their Wings up to 150-but that was going out of Bakersfield towards Vegas, probably on that downhill. With that in mind I just had to see. Got mine up to 135 with no throttle left. Little scary.

·
Premium Member
1,880 Posts
Dont know, dont want to know and dont think so...:D You be safe and good luck on hitting 150!!:eek:

·
Registered
344 Posts
Been about 131 as indicated by the bike's speedo. In reality probably was about 127 (didn't have gps with me). Bike didn't seem to have much left. As previously stated the rev limiters kick in at some point.

·
Premium Member
24,630 Posts
I've never hit a rev limiter, rolling wind resistance usually will take care of that. I can feel the effects of the big front end (and it's associated frontal air wave) at around 115mph. Kind of feels like a big hand holding you back.
Em, never tested that on a pulbic road to find out either...:p:rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
Sounds like I am the odd duck here. I just dont see the need or the desire to go that fast on 2 wheels.

·
Premium Member
371 Posts
I see the need and I have the desire.

On my Sabre I got to 115mph and I was wide open with no more throttle to give it.

She just wouldn't do it. That was all she had. I was kind of bummed. But the sabre is not a rice rocket nor a touring bike. It is a cruiser. It is good at cruising.

I can not WAIT to get my GW out on the open road. We have lots of it around here.

·
Premium Member
1,329 Posts
Sounds like I am the odd duck here. I just dont see the need or the desire to go that fast on 2 wheels.
Your not alone ! I for one think those speeds belong on tracks and not public highways. I won't and don't ride with anyone who is gonna ride at those speeds. I enjoy looking at the scenery and feeling the breeze at a nice leisurely pace.

·
Premium Member
371 Posts
Look, going on a ride is one thing.
Going out and dusting out the cobwebs is another.
Nobody goes out on a ride and goes bwalls to the walls for a 3 day ride.

Time and a place for everything. I live in Arizona, not New York city. Our freeways are straight and long and desolate.

If I lived in North Carolina I would drive 45mph. You can't see past the next tree and the roads are all curvy.

I hope you get my point about time and place. It is different in other places.

·
Premium Member
1,880 Posts
Look, going on a ride is one thing.
Going out and dusting out the cobwebs is another.
Nobody goes out on a ride and goes bwalls to the walls for a 3 day ride.

Time and a place for everything. I live in Arizona, not New York city. Our freeways are straight and long and desolate.

If I lived in North Carolina I would drive 45mph. You can't see past the next tree and the roads are all curvy.

I hope you get my point about time and place. It is different in other places.
Point is heard and I agree% %100. Just please be careful. Just think at 100 plus a little rabbit hops out your done. Im no saint but after smacking pavement I tend to ride a bit slower. Not to many folks worried about me running off and leaving them. Lol

·
Premium Member
24,123 Posts
Point is heard and I agree% %100. Just please be careful. Just think at 100 plus a little rabbit hops out your done. Im no saint but after smacking pavement I tend to ride a bit slower. Not to many folks worried about me running off and leaving them. Lol
Heheheh. You and I don't know how fast it can go, but we sure do know how fast it can stop.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.