Honda Goldwing Forum banner

are you happy with your GL1800?

• YES - 110%. totally what i expected & wanted.

Votes: 5 71.4%
  • yeah - 90%. didn't know what to expect but i'll keep her

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • it's ok - 75%. maybe it's not for me.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • for sale - new 200? GL1800 - low book

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
as i've said before, i wanted a big ole fat dressed heavyweight. something akin to an old caddy on the road. i think of the GL1800 as a sports car compared to that "caddy" - not that there's anything wrong with that! i guess i expected a softer ride. any thoughts?

·
Super Moderator
15,261 Posts
the 1800 is too sport bike looking to me. maybe honda needs a goldwing classic that looks simular to a 1500. i'm not saying do away with the current 1800 just add the classic to the lineup

·
Registered
38 Posts
as i've said before, i wanted a big ole fat dressed heavyweight. something akin to an old caddy on the road. i think of the GL1800 as a sports car compared to that "caddy" - not that there's anything wrong with that! i guess i expected a softer ride. any thoughts?

I am not sure about the 1800s but my old 1200 floats down the road as if I were riding in fin luxury car.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi, 1st post....Last week I p/u an 08 premium Wing with 0 miles and now just turned 300 miles. I also wanted a Caddy to poke around as I had a sportbike and cruiser. I have just a couple comments so far. The front suspension seems to take a bump/sort of pothole really hard..does this seem normal. I live in New York 54 miles north of the city and I seem to think the front end is starting to shimmy around 30mph. Also the rear trunk lid was already rubbing into the paint. I did the hose into the rubber molding and adjusted the latches. It actually looks and is a permanent fix. Why aren't the seat,handgrip and the 4 info switches under the GPS readout not backlit, and then why can't the GPS be operated while on the go. Otherwise, the quality is good and it sure is a great bike. JOHN

·
Registered
129 Posts
I like the new wing. It is definitely a different ride than my 90 1500 but I don't find it harsh. My complaint with the 1500 was that it was too soft in the twisty parts so this new 08 fills that need nicely. When I am solo I run the rear at 4 and when I have my wife with me I bump it up to about 9 or 10. There are a lot of peg dragging curves here and I love the stable feel of this bike.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts