Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm only talking about MOTORCYCLE seats, OK?:eek:

My '85's seats are in good condition, but there is some oxidation/funk on them. I'd like to clean the "Vleather" or whatever it's called to very clean condition and then use a conditioner of some sort to keep it that way without it being slippery.

Recommendations appreciated.

·
Premium Member
6,722 Posts
I used to use Plexus till it went up to $19.00 a can....Now I use lemon fresh pledge.

Mark

·
Administrator
15,315 Posts
I use Pig Spit.

No, it comes in a can. At least I used to, haven't seen it on the shelves lately.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Plus one on pig spit works for the whole bike I never tried it on a seat.

·
Super Moderator
15,167 Posts
light soap and a damp rag to clean the seat and a shaam wow to dry it

·
Registered
259 Posts
I'm a lemon pledge person, too, which works fine on the seat. however, I use vinyl/leather wipes on my seat. I use Goo Gone to remove gunk from seats like left over adhesive from repair tape. There is nothing better to clean gunk off seats that Goo Gone. You dab it on a cloth and rub. I do not clean the entire seat with it; only the parts that had gunk. In any case, my wife complains that her axx wants to slide off the seat after I clean the seat. Sorry, hon, but i want that seat to shine like new :)

·
Premium Member
24,630 Posts
Nothing wrong with the suggestions already given, but if you don't have any of the afore mentioned products, a solution of mild dishsoap and warm to hot water works for just about anything.

·
Super Moderator
10,004 Posts
I use Pig Spit.

No, it comes in a can. At least I used to, haven't seen it on the shelves lately.
I'm not surprised... With all the hot weather even the pigs don't have spit to spare..... :eek::D:rolleyes:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.