Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2005 wing.

As a project, I'd like to upgrade the radiators and cooling fans to the larger units that the 2006-12 models have. How difficult would this be and do all of you think it's really necessary considering what the parts would cost.

·
Premium Member
1,331 Posts
I say if it ain't broke leave it alone! I guess I may be different, but I buy what I want when I buy. I don't want to be changing,updating and fiddeling with something that is engineered and working from the factory, if it isn't performing as it should I repair or trade for a more suitable vehicle. Jmho

·
Super Moderator
15,158 Posts
i know an1100 wing radiator can be modded to fit a 1200 wing ( the 1100's radiator is larger ) but not sure about the 1800 wings

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
There were changes made in the 06 fairing! Baker had to release new brackets for the Air Wings. I wonder if this was to accommodate the larger radiators?
Is your bike over heating?

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
There were changes made in the 06 fairing! Baker had to release new brackets for the Air Wings. I wonder if this was to accommodate the larger radiators?
Is your bike over heating?
No, she's not over heating. I just though if it was possible to install the larger 06 units, it would be more insurance against over heating as time passes.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts