Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I had a nephew do some work on my bike this past week and he was unalbe to finish becase he ran into a part that I had to order as it was not in stock.He was going out of town today and knew I would want to ride the bike as it was rideable without the new part.So he put the bike back together so I could ride while he was out of town and the part was on order.He and his family left this morning at 4 am.I get my wife and kids to give me ride to the bike at 10am.I hit the starter and it cranks for 30 seconds and dies.I take the battery down trying to crank it over the next hour.I get my wife to carry me back home to get my charger. I put a good slow charge over the next 3 hours and try to crank it again.IT is a beautiful spring day and I am ready to ride.I find the same luck as earlier;a few spurts but no crank up.Finaly it comes to mind that I should call my nephew and see if he did any thing that might cause this problem.He goes maybe I forgot to turn the cut off valve on engine back on.I go now I remember their is cut off close to battery by the engine.I have never used it and did not even think about it. Sure enough that was my problem.He had my manuel and I did not have a trouble shooting guide to look at.I know he must going how stupid can one be!
Just wanted to share my drama of the day.If this ever happens to you; maybe you will think about it;instead of spending 2/3 of your fantastic riding day trying to get your bike to crank.
Dumb but riding again.
Donald Lang-Smooth Thunder

·
Registered
123 Posts
I hate when that happens! At least it wasn't the "IT'S COMPLETELY DEAD - oops, had the kill switch off" problem...
:eek:

·
Registered
28 Posts
If riding my bike was a job, I probably would do better. But, it's just so darn much fun, that I make stupid mistakes.
The kill switch on the handlebar has made me look like an idiot on a few occasions, and that reverse lever has embarrassed me in front of large crowds!

·
Premium Member
253 Posts
I think your nephew set you up and had a great laugh over it. A friend of mine hit the kill bottom while driving and did not notice it of course. After cranking and then kicking it over manually he pushed it over a mile back into town to have the dealer turn on the kill button. We have not let him live it down. Now that was stupid.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts