Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am working out of town but not too far were I was able to get my GW and my little truck at the hotel. I can now save the gas and ride when I want and not have to. I don't mind the rain or the cold but don't like the cold rain.
After being home the weekend with the truck I called the front desk from work Monday I said oh by the way keep an eye on my motorcyle,, the big one under the cover out front. And she said "oh the one laying on it side all week end?" When I left this morning it was up on it's wheels "Oh someone must of picked it up she said" Now my wing isn't a show bike but it aint never been tits up. I rushed to the hotel at lunch, thinking the worst knowing the bumpers are designed to handle a tip over but what caused it did someone hit it and push it over? Fiber glass Hmmm.
I have the bestest dowell cover that goes over everything and noticed a little hole on the right side as I pulled up just at the rear chrome bumber. She had been over, all the gear was to one side in all the bags. You can't even tell except for feeling a score mark on the under side of the bumper. I have an after market highway pegs which protected the valve cover and front bumper which just rotated up. The best guess is the wind for we had some pretty stiff winds and the cover acts like a sail. One week later a guy sees me and it is obvious he picked it up and I thanked him. He doesn't even ride just thought it looked funny and picked it up with the cover on even. How lucky am I....

·
Super Moderator
15,237 Posts
you are very lucky that someone picked up your bike. i have had strangers help me pick up my bike and felt lucky that they helped

·
Registered
466 Posts
I would have given anything to see the look on the guys face the first time he tried to pick it up! Better yet, I would like to have seen how he actually did it not having owned one before and did it all with the cover on.

·
Premium Member
1,405 Posts
Glad all is well.

BTW, did you have it on the centerstand or kickstand?

·
Premium Member
23,770 Posts
He may have watched the video; but if he righted the bike " unconventionally ", I would befriend him.

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Kinda renews the faith huh?;)

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No it was on the side stand, I rarely use the center stand except to check the oil.. I was thinking that position I had the rear shock set may affect the tipping condition. It is normally low in the 5 or 6 range with just me. I do have a chrome kick stand which seems a bit taller too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts