Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
Those that have used them give them great reviews, a few have had problems with the front forks being pushed apart, but they probably installed them wrong. Also some have said that the rear wheel lugs comes loose after a short time and need to be re tightened. Some like dyna beads and say they do the same thing. I don't have them so I can't say from first hand experience, I know that since I switched from Dunlops to Bridge stones 709/702 my 08 feels like a totally different bike.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Am I a little nuts here? If your rims and tires are balanced properly from the factory or after you replace them, why would you need these? I see some buyers love them, but is it just in their heads? Trying to keep an open mind here, but I am having a hard time understanding how these are better than correctly balanced rims/tires?
Rob

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Am I a little nuts here? If your rims and tires are balanced properly from the factory or after you replace them, why would you need these? I see some buyers love them, but is it just in their heads? Trying to keep an open mind here, but I am having a hard time understanding how these are better than correctly balanced rims/tires?
Rob
Balance changes as tires wear. These are an alternative to rebalancing when changing tires.
I happen to use Rideon which is a tire balancer and sealant. Can attest that it does balance. Can't attest to it as a sealant, haven't found anything stuck in a tire yet. Oh, by the way-it cleans up using water and does not "attack" the wheel.

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
As said in the prior post, as the tires wear they become unbalanced, thats why they recommend you rotate and balance your car tires every 5,000 miles, which I do. My last set of tires had 40,000 miles on them when I picked up a bolt so I just replaced all 4 tires but the old ones still had plenty of life in them.
On my last rear tire install on my Wing I had them put in Rideon, we will see how it helps.

·
Registered
28 Posts
In my gold wing and my SUV, I run dynabeads. Why pay for lead weights hammered onto the rim, when these little beads work great.

Used centrimatics on my class 8 over the road truck for several years. They worked fine, but not better than dynabeads on the bike.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts