Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well... I set a new benchmark for myself yesterday. 106 degrees @ 75+ mph.:eek: I'm not sure what that equates to on the wind/sear chart, but it was plenty hot!.

Left home at 5:15am and while crossing a nearby dry lake bed, the cyclemometer displayed 73 degrees. On the return trip six hours later, it was 106 at the same location.

A small group of us rode down to the Kelso Train Depot in the Mohave National Preserve and the temps were surprisingly pleasant. It wasn't until the last 50 mile stretch that it broke the century mark. It'll sure be nice when Winter gets here (my apologies to all you New Englanders)! :)

·
Super Moderator
9,851 Posts
Yea, but it's a DRY heat..... LOL.. Your welcome to come up here for a winter ride. Perhaps when it's 10 degrees out and a foot of snow on the ground. Those are the days I just go out into the garage, hug my Wing and go back to bed. Ride safe....

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
That's warm for sure. On my ride to work this morning at 6:45 it was a pleasant 14*c (57*f). When I head home @ 6:00 pm it will likely be around 25*c (77*f), pretty standard fare for this neck of the woods. We get the odd day in the 30's (85+) and mid to high 20's is common, but then we can have stretches when cold fronts come through where it never gets much over 10*C (50f), that can suck.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Radarsdad,
How could you stand 106? My lower legs get real uncomfortable when it's 85+ here (and yes the tootsie warmer vents are closed). The lower vents in the fairing do nothing for me. When it's hot out, I prop my legs up on the hi-way pegs and the heat from the radiators cook my legs. I need to get some deflectors. Lately it's been high 80's to 90's here and the humidity is like being in Florida. Not normal for my neck of the woods.

Give me 40 to 70 and I am in heaven.

Yes, I could stand to lose some of this human insulation I have! But this damn Wing turns into Dunkin Donuts on its own.

I still think this 2010 Wing is the absolute best bike I have ever owned! Definite keeper!
Rob

·
Registered
253 Posts
To FL stateline and back

It was fairly hot here today, but the clouds kept some of the heat from building... Got to about 95*, but the humidity was sticky... Went to Hooters in Dothan, AL, to meet another Green Knights Club from Tyndall AFB. Had to jump out early to head to the FL line to add it to our map and beat the storm, which chased us all the way back to Troy.... Didn't get too wet.:p

·
Registered
253 Posts
Ride with Green Knights

Some pics of our ride from Montgomery, AL to Dothan. We have one other Wing rider in our club. Pestering me do get the CB, so we can to the lead and trail thing and communicate... Anyway, we are laughing in the group picture, because the Hooters girl seriously cannot work the camera.... The button was really too much for her!:rolleyes:

Attachments

·
Registered
253 Posts
Chopin- Those are some good pics... Man, there are some awesome views in that area. We had a great time riding up there!

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Now your cookin'. A comfortable 85* for the ride up to Carlisle PA. today.
Hey Chopin... What's all that green stuff in your photos? Everything around here is either grey or brown (not that I'm complainin'). Seems to be a lot of that stuff in Florida too.

·
Registered
219 Posts
It'll sure be nice when Winter gets here
Its winter now, today we went out on a cold sunny winters day it was 19 degrees celcius which is 66 degrees fahrenheit in your language:eek:.
My toes got a little cold but the toe warmer fixed that .
Bring on summer winters too cold for me ;)

·
Premium Member
23,773 Posts
Hey Chopin... What's all that green stuff in your photos? Everything around here is either grey or brown (not that I'm complainin'). Seems to be a lot of that stuff in Florida too.
The green is fine if your not allergic to it. For me, I find this scenery wholesome and beautiful.........

Attachments

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
Its winter now, today we went out on a cold sunny winters day it was 19 degrees celcius which is 66 degrees fahrenheit in your language:eek:.
My toes got a little cold but the toe warmer fixed that .
Bring on summer winters too cold for me ;)
Ya wouldn't like winter up here WDU. Two or three times we might get into + figures on the mercury; average winter temps run -20*c or so, and -40 is all too common. But it's a 'dry' cold so it's not so bad:rolleyes:. Where Digiwing lives in Toronto and folks in Ottawa and along the Rideau (did I spell that right?) Valley it's often well into the -30's and damp thanks to the Great Lakes. Those in the northern States suffer from lake effect weather too, no nice thing. That's why we treasure our summers; I'd trade my snow plow and insulated clothing for sunscreen any day.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yep, 106 is getting close to "extreme" but limiting my rides to 2-4 hour in the early morning hours during June-August is a small price to pay to be able to ride year round. It would be hard to watch my Wing sitting in a cold, lonely garage while I wait for the snow to melt. I guess that's why I live in the desert.

Having a nice cool cement pond to jump into after a hot ride also helps makes it all worth while.:)

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
If'n you got the 'cement pond' to jump into, I hope you don't have Ellie-may's critters to contend with (although Ellie-may might be ok):D

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
If'n you got the 'cement pond' to jump into, I hope you don't have Ellie-may's critters to contend with (although Ellie-may might be ok):D
Are you kiddin' me Uncle Budoka??? Shucks... Ellie May's gonna be 77 next month. I'm a thinkin' her critters might be more fun in the pond. :D

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
I thought about that after I added the quip. I just prefer to remember Ms. Douglas the way she was:D

1 - 20 of 27 Posts