Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just checkin, couldn't find much of anything thru Google. Was just curious if anyone knew anything about a GL1500 being built up and hot-rodded.? Got a local cat that hangs in the same circles I do that does custom sheet metal work BY HAND. Lookin at some of his former projects the thought of mebbe doing something with Buster when I make a move to an 1800 came to mind.
..Call me ******* or infidel, but a GL1500 in flat black, with minimized chrome extras and a cammed over motor just gives me a l'il chubby.

Thanks in advance for any useful input. :cool: d:^) Schneeks..

·
Super Moderator
7,606 Posts
Well, if you want a Hot Rod Wing, you want the Valkyrie.
The engine has hotter cams and 6 carbs.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,999 Posts
Hell, Old Son! It's YOUR Wing! Do whatever you want with it! And then show us the results.

P.S. Sorry to hear about your "lil' chubby" condition. I hear there are support groups for that, though I guess you guys don't really need a whole lot of support!:p:D

·
Super Moderator
15,158 Posts
not much of a power gain by going with a valk motor in your 1500 wingand more maintanance, valves and those six carbs

·
Premium Member
24,643 Posts
There's lots of untapped oomph left inside that GL engine, but there's not a lot of info on how to relese it. Imagine the look of this beast in matte black if you need something to em, increase your 'condition';)

Attachments

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
P.S. Sorry to hear about your "lil' chubby" condition. I hear there are support groups for that, though I guess you guys don't really need a whole lot of support!
A whole group, eh.? Schweeet.!! Lemme dig out my old toga.. ;):D

Trike Lady- Eh, not really. A Valk is a very nice bike, but still a cruiser in my eyes. The full Wing has a lot more "that's no moon, it's a space station.!!" type appeal to me and looking at the lines of it a minimum of dressing up would go a long ways t'wards giving it a very "stealthy" and evil "Darth Vader" look. Hmmmm, a Wing with a little attitude to dish out. Without springing for a Rune. :eek::D

This cat's done some very tasteful work on bikes. And gets a complete "I'm not worthy" bow for doing it all by hand. Just got me thinking.. d:^) Schneeks..

·
Super Moderator
15,158 Posts

·
Premium Member
24,643 Posts
Oooooh that's just nasty Doc! Ruckus is one mugly other of a thing IMO:eek:

·
Super Moderator
15,158 Posts
Oooooh that's just nasty Doc! Ruckus is one mugly other of a thing IMO:eek:
yep the ruckus is soo mugly its cool by me. looks like one of those old alumimun lawn chairs with wheel and a motor :D

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I can't say anything about that.. Been havin an absolute blast with the new-to-us 08 Burgman 400. What a friggin hoot.!! :D

If I wanted a chopper I'd go swipe Ben's Cafe Wing.. :D:D d:^) Schneeks..

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
15,158 Posts
how about this cafe 1100 wing

Attachments

·
Banned
95 Posts
omg the pain those poor wings at least the chopper looking one and your burgman are nice but to insult the wing by crotch rocketing it. the poor wing. lol

·
Super Moderator
15,158 Posts
omg the pain those poor wings at least the chopper looking one and your burgman are nice but to insult the wing by crotch rocketing it. the poor wing. lol
you haven't seen the bulldog bobber or whitetrash have you

·
Premium Member
24,643 Posts
Started life as a Rune, now it's a bagger custom...pretty cool IMO. Sorry Char, that 1800rr just gets my blood pumping. Reckon my inner child needs a time out?:rolleyes:

·
Registered
718 Posts
The fellow that had his shop in the back of CycleMax did a stealth Goldwing. pulled all emblems, flat black paint, next to no chrome, want to say a wind bender w/s and a few other mods. Sweet ride.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts