Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 99 1500. Had a run in thru Needles and Mohave with 115 degrees in June. Heat seam to come fromfairing vent on the side and circle around to the back of my legs. Are there any deflectors for that area?? Makes for Long trip with spray bottle trying to keep from blistering.

·
Super Moderator
12,269 Posts
A set of Air Wings can be installed and adjusted to help keep the heat off.

·
Premium Member
16,742 Posts
I think I'd look at the Baker Build Air wing, I think they are longer then my show chromes they only come to the top of the side vent.
Also make sure the vent by your shin is set for cool and not for winter riding which put the heat from the engine right on your legs.

·
Premium Member
11,279 Posts
Welcome to GWOF from Down Under. I am ok to 100f with nothing. After that a cool collar and if it gets real hot a wet T'shirt under the riding jacket.

·
Banned
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you

Thanks You to All to take the time to Reply .

@ Cantankerous Just any Air Wings? Most that I have found don’t look to come down that low to defect from the radiator vents.

@ DanB Riding Pants?? Just jeans and boots, sometimes tennis shoes but never shorts. Any web sites to check on Pants?

@ Ron Robertson Thank You for the Tip. Any Web Site to check on the Baker Build Air Wings. Yes the Vent was to Cool. Lol but you never can assume.

@ Eric I had a cool collar, cotton shirt Wet. However, I’m really not flexible enough to keep the backs of my legs cool that way. Lol You’ll have to try riding in our Ozark Mt.s some time.

Everyone be safe and have a blessed day.

·
Super Moderator
12,269 Posts
WingStuff carries them. They are one of the site sponsors.

·
Premium Member
16,742 Posts
Baker Built Air wings in one of the site sponsors.
Or Just google Baker Built Air Wings.
Sorry i'm not help with confuser thing.

·
Premium Member
1,880 Posts
Baker Built is a quality product!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.