Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello --

I retired recently and am hoping, in May when I can access my 401k funds, to buy a GL1800, hook up a pop-up tent trailer, get my lovely, schoolteacher wife a smaller touring machine with a small Bushtec cargo trailer, and start spending her summer breaks traveling this wonderful country of ours. I'm looking forward to learning as much as I can about wings and how to get the most out of them safely, so will enjoy researching past threads.

Maybe we'll see some of you out on the open roads. Sure hope so --

Steve n Judi

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
Goldwings are the King of the road when it comes to touring, My Wife Libby and I have been all over Georgia,Alabama,Florida,Tennessee and North Carolina. We have built up some great memories. When it comes to Goldwings they are the most trouble free machines out there "as long as all the regular maintenace are done", But that is with anything you take care of it and it will take care of you.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Welcome to the GWOF Steve and Judi there's no better way to see the country than on a MC and it sounds like you have some nice plans. My wife and I toured extensively with our first GW pulling a trailer it was a great adventure.There's quite a few GW owners from your area on this site,you'll likely see their posts and greetings shortly.

-Robert-

·
Registered
449 Posts
Go to the GWRRA website and find your district, then state and it will list local chapters for you to call, e-mail, or just show up at one of their functions. Good bunch of people that love their wings.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the warm welcome, folks. I'm sure I'll have lots of questions as I approach the purchase of my wing and on how to get the most out of it afterwards. I've been reading the general discussion posts and have already gotten lots of great information.

Everyone here seems both friendly and willing to help out us newbies. Believe me, we appreciate and need it.

Steve

·
Super Moderator
9,844 Posts
Welcome to the forum from the Keystone state. Good luck on your new Wing purchase. Hopefully your 401k will have enough left in it for the purchase. LOL... Ride safe and often..

·
Super Moderator
28,433 Posts
Good Luck on your search from another PA. guy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts