Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You all are lucky the cold and snow is not the only thing keeping me from riding. I just had surgery on both wrist so I will be off my bike for 2 to 3 months. I hope you all enjoy riding no mater what the weather.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Hope the surgery does what it was suppose to. I broke my left wrist 5 years ago and it bothers me when its cold.

·
Super Moderator
9,857 Posts
Hope all goes well with your recovery. On the bright side, it could be June, the heart of riding season. Ride safe and get back on the Wing soon.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hey bluegw, hope the op went well and all is going to be ok. Hang in there pal, because those 2-3 months will be gone in no time. rick

·
Super Moderator
15,241 Posts
hope you heal soon and are able to ride when the snow is done. i've been having problems with inflamation,numbness on my left side, headachs and weakness from the pinched nerve and herneated disc i have in my neck. hopefully by the time the weather breaks those problems will go away too. if the weather was nice riding would be a no go and driving is not excatly comfortable right now

·
Premium Member
432 Posts
injury

Ill think happy thoughts for your recovery :).

·
Registered
58 Posts
Ride Ride Ride

Hey sounds like alot of us have our troubles. Isn't it fun to be older,LOL. Not to sound uncaring or selfish but guys the title of my post and my signature line says it all. After just getting into riding at 54 yrs old 2 years pass and I am diagnosed with MS (Multiple Sclerosis) arn't the golden years great. So with that said I wish you a speedy recovery and lots of sunny days. All I can say is do as we do ride when and if you can but RIDE,RIDE,RIDE. I wish everone health happiness and sunshine. I just hope when the weather breaks here in Ohio I can still ride.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hello everyone oldschool54 I am sorry for your your health problems I hope you can keep riding. My surgery dont seem so bad. I will be riding in the spring. My doc has released me to go back to work on 1/18. Our prayersare with you.

·
Super Moderator
15,241 Posts
hopefully all of us on the mend and those healthy will be able to ride soon

·
Registered
58 Posts
Thank You bluegw

Hey bluegw I thank you for the prayers and my goal is to keep active and be able to continue throwing my leg over the 86 aspy for a long time. My reply sounded a little hard after I reread it. It was meant as a motivator for you and everyone else,including myself. Sorry to all if it sounded cold wasn't meant that way at all.I know we all have our own baggage to carry. Just keep praying and keeping going. Then you never have to regret the fact you didn't do it. I pray for sunshine clear roads and safe rides for all of the GW clan.

·
Premium Member
432 Posts
darned golden years anyway

Oldie, darn Im sorry about your diagnosis. Any chance you can get on a trike? It is a thought, it might work. Be safe, do most of what the doctor tells you and stay involved here on the board. :)

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
oldschool54 I did not take it hard at all and i am sure that no one else took it that way. I thank you for the motavation i need all the help i can get good luck.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Hey sounds like alot of us have our troubles. Isn't it fun to be older,LOL. Not to sound uncaring or selfish but guys the title of my post and my signature line says it all. After just getting into riding at 54 yrs old 2 years pass and I am diagnosed with MS (Multiple Sclerosis) arn't the golden years great. So with that said I wish you a speedy recovery and lots of sunny days. All I can say is do as we do ride when and if you can but RIDE,RIDE,RIDE. I wish everone health happiness and sunshine. I just hope when the weather breaks here in Ohio I can still ride.
You will be in our prayers tonight at my house. But with a great attitude like you have.....anything is possible. I'd ride with you for sure.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts