Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just acquired an 85 GW LTD that has been sitting since 2006. we were able to get it running pretty quickly the first day, but since then I've had trouble with it, and right now can't get it started.

it turns over and fires for like a second, long enough for me to think it's running and release the starter, but then dies out and then wont fire again for a good amount of time (hour-ish). it's EFI and i'm not messing w/ the throttle at all before/during/after trying to get it going so I dont think i'm flooding anything manually anyway.

I know there is no reserve tank and I've verified that the fuel valve is open (in fact, when i turn it to closed a little fuel leaks around the knob seal?).

The irony here is that i'm trying to get it started so i can get it to the shop for a complete tune-up/tires/inspection, etc... I had it out on Saturday for a short ride and it stalled on me once. I got it started after a few minutes and made it home, but can't get it started again.

any suggestions on what to look at first? plugs? etc? i just gotta get it running and stay running for about 10 miles LOL~!

tnx

·
Registered
151 Posts
hi krazy, try unplugging the wiring at the back of the travel computor an see if there is any dirt or corrosion. the hot wire for the injection an fuel pump run through it. also under the trunk is the remote box for the injection unit. if a problem is diagniosed it will flash a lighted code to help with any problems. good luck

1 - 2 of 2 Posts