Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone let me know where i could go or where to buy a set of Hondaline saddlebags for my 1980 goldwing, i believe they are samsonite, but having trouble finding a set ,

thanks everyone

·
Super Moderator
15,161 Posts
ebay is going to be your friend. you know that you can use the bags from an '80 - '83 interstate or aspencade

·
Premium Member
441 Posts
I had an '82 Aspencade but I think the saddlebags on the 1980 model Goldwings were Honda brand. Prior to 1980 Honda did not have their own name brand saddlebags and fairings. Vetter was the brand name of the optional saddlebags, trunk and fairing back then. I do remember seeing some detachable saddlebags back then but I don't remember what brand they were.

The attached picture is a 1980 GL1100 Interstate. It was the first year that Honda put their name on those parts. A 1980 Goldwing was available with the saddlebags as in the attached picture or a Standard that came with no fairing or saddlebags. I think the samsonite brand saddlebags were an aftermarket product and were dealer optional for a Standard GL1100.

·
Super Moderator
15,161 Posts
bates, pacifica had fairings and bags to outfit your early wing and samsonite had detachable bags and trunk. honda had some detachable bags too but i think those were rebadged samsonite

·
Premium Member
24,643 Posts
I believe the bags were made by Samsonite at the time. There were two styles: the glossy colour matched (Honda colours) and the "bubble" textured black ones. Not sure where you'd get the latches now though, that was over 30 years ago. You could try taking one in to a luggage dealer or repair shop and see if they can get replacement parts that are similar.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Thanks for the reply. Yeah. Not an easy find. I may have to buy an entire saddle bag bracket mount just for the lock. Not that I would spend the money but found one here. Left side lock broken. :) Right and left look to be interchangeable though. I've actually yet to find photos of the bags I have on the bike. The graphics are alway different. http://ebay.to/1UQM5dI

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.