Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
for those of you that have installed the HONDA armrests, they have a hole over the speaker...there is a support rod at the front, how much of the rod is exposed if any, as it runs back to the rear support bracket?? Planning on this being my weekend project on the bike and wondering.:confused:

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
As indicated in the "Changes" thread, if nothing else, someones always good for a laugh, Thanks Chop!

Project complete, the only part of the support visible is the hinge point, but it is mostly hidden by the back part of the saddle. Used the included templates for mounting the supprt to the back part of the trunk, but it seemed off a bit off so I double checked and used the brackets as the template instead.

Now for the goof of the night...got everything back together, was putting the last screws in the trunk liner and it dawned on me I forgot to connect the wires to the speakers!:mad: fortunately I didn't have to remove everything to correct, all but the saddle. Looks good from the top, a little dissappointed on the underside finish, though not sure what how it could have been done differently.

Attachments

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
Looks pretty good, how often are you going to look up from down below anyway?:D

·
Super Moderator
11,818 Posts
One would think there would be a trim panel on the bottom.

·
Premium Member
5,390 Posts
it really don't look bad , and like Budoka said who is going to look up anyways

·
Premium Member
23,776 Posts
Well Whacker? What does the passenger think of the arm rests ? I have had my eye on those for some time now. I like their unobtrusive I'm- not - just- something-bolted- on look

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
SO hasn't been on yet with the new addition even though she "requested" them! I'll let you know. Rode 200mi to Des Moines today, didn't notice any difference in audio.

I wondered where that gum went to!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts