Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really don't see a place in the forums for this so it is going in the "Lube" Section.

I just did the Kentucky Goldwing Rally and met some really nice people, as is usual with Wingers.

There was a product there called "Original" bike detailer in a Pink and Black can but, there were people there complaining that the product that it didn't work as well as they remember.

I sell the "Original Honda Shine" !!! Liquid Performance bought the formula after the company which made "Honda Shine" was dumped by Honda because they could not make it VOC Compliant ad work the same.

I had a Demo can of "My" product, which is the Original Honda Shine succesfully reformulated to be VOC Compliant, and let people walk out and test it on their own bikes. Needless to say, even with a small show, I went home with very little of my Detailer.

Also, needless to say, the vendor selling the "other" polish right across the aisle, didn't talk to me all weekend.

My Metal Polish was a Big Hit for those Goldwing front wheels as well !!

Oil, is the Lifeblood of your engine. The oil filter, is the Kidney that keeps it clean.

The Best isn’t cheap
Cheap isn’t The Best

Bob

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Wow, I thought I would get a better response here. I just did a little Goldwing show and people were walking out with 3 cans at a time.

Beware of Imitators that use the word "Original" right on the label. It is "their" original shine product.

I built my business without Government help!

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
If this is the product you are suggesting "doesn't work as well", then I will give a differing opinion!
I started using this product after I found the Honda "Spray Cleaner and Polish" had changed.
I may be out in left field here as I do not remember a product called Honda Shine?????
Anyway, I think the Original I'm' using is the best/easiest product for those quick clean ups after a wash and to remove bugs during/after a ride. I also use it to clean the windshield all the time, carrying a smaller can in my trunk.
Also, you stated "My" product, which is the Original Honda Shine successfully reformulated to be VOC Compliant"
How can it be "original" if it has been reformulated, which is apparently what the company supplying the present Honda Cleaner and Polish did, that "doesn't work as good"????

Attachments

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
The product you are showing is what I was referring to. There are many products on the market that work well. It does come down to personal preference at times. There were a lot of Wing owners there that had used the AmRep product and said they felt it was not as good as what they use to purchase. All I did was let them walk out the door with my Demo can and try it which resulted in about 75% of the people buying it. I left with very little product from which was a small show to begin with.

Plexus is a very good product as well. They just raised their price to $24.95 for 13oz where mine is $7.99 for 14oz and I don't see a $13.00 advantage or any advantage really over what I sell.

Different strokes for different folks.

No different than my glass cleaner. I only went with a couple cases and sold out. One guy bought a can on Thursday, showed his dad on Friday, who confiscated the can saying he knew the product and he needed to go get his own. LOL.. He came back
Saturday and bought the last 4 cans I had.

My Metal Polish made a great hit as well where people wanted more polish to there wheels.

I pick and choose Premium Products, hence the new name for my business, PVM Products which stands for Premium Vehicle Maintenance Products.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I forgot to address the formulation.

The base formulation of the product is the same but in many cases, things such as the propellant used needs to be changed or something that evaporates into the atmosphere.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Thank for the replies. Maybe the "Original" has changed formulas since I last bought my usual "bunch". Maybe I'll buy 1 can, just to check it!
I am not saying what you have changed. It says "Original Bike Spirits" and nothing on the can or on their wbsite says it is "Original Honda" .. I have a couple emails out to try and get some clarification on this. You don't know who they may have sold the formula to.

But, you can't say something is not better than what you use, when you haven't tried it. I am going on what I have tried and, what people said at the show who used "Original", tried my "Spray Detailer" and bought it.

I will say there were a few people there that bought the "Original" but, I only noticed a few. So, there are people, that in there opinion, either liked the "original" or, just bought it because of the name.

I can have this Private Labeled for me with anything I want like "Best in The World", I choose to just sell it under the OE label as it is a Top Selling Product.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts