Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I was recently informed by the Crystal River, Florida Honda Dealers Service Manager and Mechinec that they essentially had no clue about how to work on Goldwings and told me to take it to another Dealership, and my subsequent call to Honda America Customer Service who provided me with the same answer, I was absolutely stunned that HONDA can allow a DEALERSHIP to Sell a Motorcycle that they are not Trained or Competant to perform analysis and repairs on. Customer Service told me that CR Honda is an Independent Dealer, so I can only take from this, that HONDA Motors Has no control over the level of Competancy of these Independents.

I'm told by one fellow member of this site that HONDA monitors this site, well I have yet to see anything from HONDA AMERICA in reference to my experience, and my 2010 Goldwing with 1100 mile remains problematic.

Am I the only Goldwing Owner that has concluded that HONDA AMERICA is culpable of Absentee Management to allow this Incompetantancy to exist.

LET ME BE VERY CLEAR, I CONTINUE TO BELIEVE THAT GOLDWINGS ARE THE FINEST MOTORCYCLE MADE,THIS IS NOT MY FIRST GOLDWING. BUT THE LACK OF COMPETANT SERVICE IS NOT HELPING THE CUSTOMER OR THE BRAND !

·
Super Moderator
7,671 Posts
If you could only see the nincompoops graduating Motorcycle Technician Schools you'd see why they cannot work on a Wing. Honda could be part of the blame for not supplying these schools with the necessary materials to turn out trained techs. I feel that the Goldwing should be a 'Stand Alone' technical course and participants truly interested in working with the Wing should be allowed in the program. At Wyotech they have Ducati Certification and you cannot miss more then 4 questions on their exam to be certified as an entry level Ducati Tech.
I could probably move to a central part of Florida, open a Wing shop and be slammed with work. Old Wings and new Wings, no problem and trikes too.
I'd like to share something quite amusing about a gentleman who brought his Wing back to the dealer three times for the same problem and it never got resolved, one day he was really disgusted and took the bike to a Honda car dealer and ranted at the service writer, one of the auto techs said he could fix the problem and believe it or not he did figure out the problem and the bike has been running great.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
What surprises you about a Forigen Company being managed in this way. All that's important is the quick buck profit. Now that we've allowed the almighty dollar not to be so almighty anymore Honda took their toys and ran for home!
My next bike, I'm sure, will not be totally American made but it sure won't be 100% Jap!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts