Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Purchased a new 2021 GW DCT last May, also purchased a Home Link accessory at the time. Dealer said they were on back order and would send as soon as available. It is now almost a year later, and it's still on backorder.

I keep hearing many excuses as to why the back order. That it's because of a chip shortage, shipping issues where they are stuck at sea and unable to dock, that Honda was redirecting the stock for inclusion of the 2022 models as standard (not) or Covid had reduced/stopped production.

Whatever the excuses, this is not like Honda to this type of backorder delay, does anyone really know what the real reason for this delay? And when to expect this shortage to be resolved?

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
That's not much different than the new cars not having all the options that are listed. You will be told that the option (chips) will be added when they become available. The dealer is not the problem, his hands are tied. Have you contacted Honda directly?

·
Premium Member
1,279 Posts
I ordered one on Nov.19 for my 2021 DCT Tour . Originally it was suppose to be sipped on Dec. 23 .On Dec 23 I rcieved a notice that te ship date had been moved to Jan. 31 , 2022. Fingers crossed.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
I ordered a propane regulator for my toy hauler in Oct. First shipping date was Nov. 12. Then Dec. 10. Now it is February 11. All the companies and vendors are having the same problem

·
Registered
2021 GL1800B
4 Posts
Sometimes you want what you want but let me throw another option at ya. The Honda Homelink is $215 and it is a bear to install. I bought a Liftmaster 890MAX (mini) remote and used velcro to install it in the shelter case. It seems like a no-brainer to me.
Rectangle Communication Device Gas Tool Musical instrument accessory

·
Premium Member
1,279 Posts
Sometimes you want what you want but let me throw another option at ya. The Honda Homelink is $215 and it is a bear to install. I bought a Liftmaster 890MAX (mini) remote and used velcro to install it in the shelter case. It seems like a no-brainer to me.
View attachment 279037
Only to you .

Yes I have that for now . But the homelink is safer for me to use and can't be stolen , misplaced or fall off the bike. .

·
Super Moderator
7,670 Posts
The supply chain is a mess, I ordered an industrial grade adult trike back in April 2021 the dealers shipment date has changed 4 times and they may or may not make it until March 2022. None of his product is even in a shipping container from the factory in Taiwan. Most stuff is made in Asia and he stated that between the lack of raw materials and employees he will not see some parts in 500 days.
I have a U.S.A. made one coming from a company in Florida and this company moved to a larger facility (gee I wonder why).
A neighbors grandson ordered furniture for his home last year and the store hasn't got it yet.
No one is lying to you, if it isn't on a ship somewhere its in the process.
I know this post isn't motorcycle related, its just letting you know that the supply chain breakdown is hurting a lot of businesses.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, I can agree somewhat about the supply chain issues. But if they (Mother Honda) can ship new bikes on a ship and have it here on the normal time to distribute the 22's, eh. If you are backlogged on parts because of a floating fiasco, put the small parts on an airplane. There are other methods of shipping instead of boat. I'm seeing the supply issue all over the place, printers, ink, paper, computer equipment and other items all coming from overseas so I get it. I've done the temp thing with my door opener. But I've purchased this when I bought the bike thinking I'd just wait, should only be a few months right. So I wait ..and...wait :).

·
Registered
8 Posts
View attachment 279037
I did the same for about $15, and just used double sticky velcro to stick it on the tank. It doesn't fall off.

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
I did the same for about $15, and just used double sticky velcro to stick it on the tank. It doesn't fall off.
I traded a 6 speed manual 2018 Tour with Homelink I installed for a 2021 Tour DCT airbag and purchased Homelink again on June 18, 2021. Still waiting for the part! I also was told the shipping date slipped from 12/21/2021 to 1/21/2022.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts