Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a 2010 Honda Goldwing with a dealer installed CB radio approx 1.5 yrs ago and have not driven it that much due to the winter months in Nevada. The CB radio has been working fine until this past week when I went on a ride and found that the CB radio was continually in the receive mode and I could not transmit on the radio.
I have changed to different channels and changed the squelch from high to low and everywhere in between without any change with the receive mode. In fact, while in the receive mode on the CB, there is no reception on my radio. When I turn off the CB, the radio comes on. I also want to add that the problem persists on both the bike speakers and the headset. Does anyone have any suggestions as how to address this problem?

·
Administrator
29,026 Posts
Pondering on this one a bit. In the meantime a call to Sierra Electronics may help with a quicker solution. I have never dealt with them myself but anyone who has & talked about it say they are great to deal with.

http://www.sierra-mc.com/

·
Premium Member
6,724 Posts
This may sound strange, try taking your Wing on a ride away (5 miles or more) from where you're having the problem & turn on the CB & see if you're still having the problem.
Also are you using any blue tooth electronics while on the bike @ the same time that you haven't used before? Just stabbing here....

Mark

·
Super Moderator
12,272 Posts
Try working the transmit lever/button a few times, it might be stuck and/or dirty.

Oh, and welcome to the forum.

·
Administrator
29,026 Posts
Try working the transmit lever/button a few times, it might be stuck and/or dirty.
Good point Tank.

And to add if it is stuck use an Electrical contact cleaner (Not WD40) to clean it. Radio Shack has a good one.

·
Premium Member
24,630 Posts
Welcome to the site. As your bike is a 2010 model, you still have factory warranty on the CB as it was dealer installed (all Hondaline dealer installed accessories have the same warranty as the bike) so if you can't fix the problem with contact cleaner take it back to the dealer you bought it from. Any other Honda dealer can fix it under warranty as well, but the may not get you in as fast as your selling dealer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.