Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What dealerships have you used for work on your Goldwing? I am looking for some place on I-5 that actually works on these motorcycles and knows whats going on. I may have a NAV unit issue and I am sure the average dirt bike mech in this state doesnt know a thing about GW regardless of the mail order honda certificates hanging on the service walls.

·
Registered
2 Posts
so i know this wont be of much help but I would find another rider ask them where they get there bike worked on. usually the old mechanic shops will do it. I think there is one that is right off I-5 in Lynnwood right before JBLM

·
Premium Member
759 Posts
Mark, give the guys at Beaverton motorcycle a call, their number is 800-929-1044, they have been in business in the PNW for 40 years and know these bike real well. Allot of owners that I know here in S.Oregon take their bikes there, even though there are dealers in Eugene, Salem and Corvallis they will still drive the 300 miles to Beaverton.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Cycle Country in Salem. Good guys and a great service department. That's were I bought my 2010 GW and were I get all my service done.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Ok,

I know this one is a stretch for a coastie but there are people hauling their bikes over from the valley specifically to have this individual work on them.

I just had him go thru my 2000 1500SE end to end and do a several other upgrades "progressive forks etc." and feel he is the guy I've been looking for.

Lived in Portland area and was never crazy about Beaverton Honda personally. Broken off body attachment points, tire valve supports missing etc.

This individual has 30 years of motorcycle maintenance experience and most of it on Honda product lines..

Scott's Motorsport Service & Repair
63025 OB Riley Road
Bend, OR 97701
1-541-728-0875

Attachments

·
Banned
5 Posts
Hillsboro Honda

I would not take my wing anywhere else. GREAT customer service.
809 Northeast 28th Avenue,
Hillsboro, OR 97124
503-648-4555

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
Oregon.. today... Hmmm. A very sad day for a community in that state, A terrible day indeed. So far 10 dead and 20 wounded. They haven't identified the bustard yet. (shooter)

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
I will be very amazed if you find any dealer that can really trouble shoot the Nav unit on a Wing.
Most service techs are R&R (remove and replace)these days!
Please tell us what your concern is with the Nav unit. There may be help right here on this forum!

·
Premium Member
645 Posts
I've taken my Wing to Cycle Country in Salem. They installed a set of tires, a trunk rack and raised the beam of my headlight.

The person that installed the tires cleaned the dirt and gunk off of both rims before balancing the tires.

The headlight beam is great. It was so low on high beam all I could see was right in front of the bike, nothing past 100 feet.

I couldn't release the flat head plastic keeper on the inner plastic faring to get to the horizontal adjuster otherwise I would have done this myself.

I have been to the Beaverton dealership and it's a BIG store with a ton of jackets and other cloths and helmets. They had a ton of Bridgestone and Dunlap for street and a lot of off road tires. I ordered, purchased and received an owner's manual from them but never had any work done by them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts