Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've heard about a Carb/intake conversion kit for goldwings, and I would like to know more about it. Does anybody know about this and or have any experience with it? It's supposed to replace the original 4 carbs with a single holly and the original intake system with a 4 into 1, and the carb is supposed to install quickly to the wing throttle cables and whatnot. I have an 82 interstate that I can't seem to keep the carbs clean from 1 weekend to another, in spite of using seafoam fuel additives and flushing the tank out. I've been told the rebuild kits will cost over $300 and I might as well get the new setup if I can find it? Any helpers out there? Thanks a million all!!

·
Super Moderator
15,239 Posts
helo geo, welcome to GWOF. a carb rebuild kit is right around $200 for parts. the holly conversion has been around for a long time but i don't think anyone on this forum has it on their wing. check over at ngwclub i'm sure they have some info on it

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
Hello and welcome geo5734. I've heard of that conversion as well, but never seen one in person. Kind of like the blower for the older four cyl models; it existed, but never saw one.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've heard about a Carb/intake conversion kit for goldwings, and I would like to know more about it. Does anybody know about this and or have any experience with it? It's supposed to replace the original 4 carbs with a single holly and the original intake system with a 4 into 1, and the carb is supposed to install quickly to the wing throttle cables and whatnot. I have an 82 interstate that I can't seem to keep the carbs clean from 1 weekend to another, in spite of using seafoam fuel additives and flushing the tank out. I've been told the rebuild kits will cost over $300 and I might as well get the new setup if I can find it? Any helpers out there? Thanks a million all!!
There is a great carb / manifold kit that uses the original engine intake boots and throttle cable for install. The manifold is a four throat ti welded system with a centre mounted carb flange. This system comes with a 34Pick-3 Volkswagen carburetor. The system works very well and there is sufficient installation instructions provided for an easy application without a lot of knowledge/expertise. They can be purchased on Ebay for approximately $500.00 and is well worth it. Have had one on my 84 for a long while with excellent results. If you wish any further info email me at [email protected]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts