Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Do the three levers under the trunk work? You may need to remove the 4 screws holding the bottom trim on the trunk, then check the lever linkage operation. Sometimes it helps to push IN/down on the lid you want opened, as you are operating the lever.

·
Super Moderator
15,177 Posts
sounds like he doesn't know about the three levers under the trunk

Reactions: Cantankerous

·
Registered
228 Posts
I was given a 1989 Holding 1500. For some reason I cannot open the trunk or saddle bags. Key seems to lock and unlock trunk but cannot lift it open
You do know that the lock where you insert the key is to only lock and unlock the trunk and saddlebags right? To open the trunk and saddlebag there are three levers under the trunk that have to be actuated after they are unlocked. When the key is vertical in the lock, they are locked. When the key is horizontal, the saddlebags and trunk are unlocked.
The center lever is for the trunk, the right lever is for the right saddlebag and the left lever is for the left saddlebag.

·
Super Moderator
15,177 Posts
the key will unlock the trunk and pop it open ( I forgot which way to turn the key opens it ) but it feels like something is going to break so i never did it much when i rode my wing

·
Registered
228 Posts
Turning it hard counterclockwise is how that will Pop the trunk open. I never liked it either and I only tried it once. It always felt like something was going to break.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts