Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wake up and gently get out of bed. Do not disturb the the sleeping. Find the bike keys, jacket, helmet, boot and jeans. Shhh no noise now. A quick look at the weather and slide out the door. Quitely open the door and there is my CB250RS ready to go. First I have to move my sons bike out to get the 250 out, then return his bike back.
The helmet is now put on followed by the gloves. Turn the key and gas on with a little chock. Turn the motor over with the kick starter to top dead centre. Now a big kick and into life the motor springs. A one minute warm up and it is time to put it into gear.
The ride begins on this warm morning by going across town to meet up with the other club members. On the way I fill up with gas and meet up in the carpark. There are all types of bike from a 1800 goldwing to BMW 800 to DL 650 Suzuki's.
It may have been though of, but no-one said anything. (you can't keep up with a 33 year old 250 Honda single) But they have forgot the saying. It is not the size of the dog but the fight that is in the dog.
Kickstands are up and the 250 is ticking over ready to ride. But......the 1800 Goldwing decides that it needs a bit of a nap.:icon_smile_angry::Damn: Sidestands are down to lift the spirits of the wing up again. How can you expect the might of a wing to be next to a old 250 Honda. Well we stood her up again and after a quick look around found no damage. Kickstands up again and take two, we are away.
There was no problem with the 250 keeping up with the big boy's and everyone enjoyed their ride. On some of the more open roads I had to work that little motor into a full song, but in the twisties they were getting in my way.
When I can get some help I will have some footage to show you. Until then you will just have to wait.:tapfoot:

·
Administrator
15,288 Posts
Way to get my heart racing. Looking forward to some real evidence of a ride. In your honor I'll get on my Yamaha and go for a small loop this afternoon to see how I feel on a bike.
THANKS!

·
Premium Member
6,714 Posts
Awesome read Eric...thanks.....Getting ready for my ride to work!

Mark

·
Premium Member
24,643 Posts
So that's where you've been! Good stuff mate!. I'm/we're waiting for the footage...:smile:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts