Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2 weeks and counting 'til my Great White arrives...

I've ordered passenger cruise pegs from wingstuff, but can't decide which to get for myself! dougiep2010, how are you liking your Ergo II's by now? What do some of you others have?

i'm debating driver boards but want to ride with the stock pegs for a time first... as for highway riding, considering mini-boards but probably would like to have the same kuris as already on my road king. then the switchblades look cool. just can't decide... hmmmmmm

·
Super Moderator
28,443 Posts
Hey reb don't need to add to your indecision but, I put the miniboards on my 1500 as the driver pegs & loved them. The best of both worlds still plenty of room to negotiate around & a little larger than the stock peg so you can move your foot around. I agree that you should ride with stock ones 1st though to see if you even need to change them.

As far as Highway pegs go never heard anything bad about the Ergos other than some guys need to get the longer arms because of their height. My brother has the switchblades on his 1500 & I believe his comments are they're more of a novelty. I don't think he uses them much. Here's an entirely different way to go but then again you probably already know about them.

http://www.ridingiswonderful.com/

As always this is just one Ole Fossil's Opinion.

·
Premium Member
23,770 Posts
I have the Kury Highwayboards. I like the foot room they afford me. Which ever one you pick the problem seems to come with the extension arm that work for your leg reach. It's not so much " which " as it is " where " . For example: The pegs come with a 6.5 in. extension arm that brought them too close for my reach comfort. Additional purchase of the 4.5 in. extension arm was better but I wanted a wee bit more distance reach both forward and laterally. Another purchase required to get the mini-arm and now I'm happy. It is most unfortunate that you can't order the pegs and choose the size extension you want to come with it.

Attachments

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
With regard to the tranny thing, keep the stock rubber toe pad for the shifter arm, and just remove the heel toe shifter and put the rubber pad back on. return to your dealer and say "nothing" about the h/t. Obviously if you have floorboards that might not work. However if you keep your stock pegs...a couple minutes labour and viola, stock configuration. Em, just don't bring it to me (haha, just kidding! Er, about bringing it to me that is:D)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts