Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for the best highway pegs for my Wing. It's a 2008 GL 1800. I am 5' 11". When I ride for a while I need to stretch my legs. Can anyone help?

·
Registered
258 Posts
Road Pegs

I'm 6'1" and also need to relax my legs, usually after about 130 miles of running. I purchased the Kuryakyn Ergo Pegs; but they did not do the trick. When I put my feet on the pegs my inner knees hit the fairing; I felt like my knees were up too high and just couldn't get comfortable.

I tried to adjust the pegs by lowering them, bad choice. Fifty miles after the install, I went around a bend and scraped the pegs, (almost tipping over) they were too low. (Need to follow instructions on these babies) I solved my problem by purchasing 2" 1/2 in peg extentions. The extentions moved the pegs out and I was able to put my feet on the pegs without hitting the fairing; however, I don't feel like they are as comfortable as they should be.

Total spent on this effort was over $300.00 dollars. When I'm feeling good, I play around with the settings trying to find the best position.

Suggest mounting whatever pegs you're looking at before buying them, I wish I would have.

·
Super Moderator
28,431 Posts

·
Super Moderator
28,431 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks everyone. I am going to my dealer and we are going to try some out to see which one is the best. Ride safe all.

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
I have the Kury Ergo's and boards on mine and I've got them adjusted where I like them, but you've got a bit more inseam than me. I had pics posted somewhere, and I still have them on my desktop, not saying it's what might work for you, just fyi. If you look at the angle on the arms, it's fair steep, and I really haven't dragged them at this setting, dragged some other stuff tho:

Attachments

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have the Kury Ergo's and boards on mine and I've got them adjusted where I like them, but you've got a bit more inseam than me. I had pics posted somewhere, and I still have them on my desktop, not saying it's what might work for you, just fyi. If you look at the angle on the arms, it's fair steep, and I really haven't dragged them at this setting, dragged some other stuff tho:
Do the boards interfere with the side kick stand?

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
The Kuryakin mini floorboards no, not really. I use my boot toe and flip the stand out no problem. Full boards do though, I think some riders say even with the stand extension, they get in the way. Othr than they don't match all that well, I have no complaints on the mini boards.

·
Premium Member
23,765 Posts
I love my Highwayboards as pictured on budoka's bike. However, if your inseam is about 32 .in. or longer ( tape measured from the heel of your boot to your " center pocket " ) plan on spending an additional $44.00 on the shorter arms. Once I put the shorter arms on mine I was HAPPY. Don't ask me why Kuryakyn does not offer the shorter extensions with the original order because all you will hear from me is complaining to the wind.

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
That's likely something else I have to think about doing, the shorter arms. My knees are pretty flexed the way they are now. Still better than not having them though.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Now they offer these as a complete set! :( I finally ended up with this setup, but tried the 4" and 6" arms before, I got it right with the Mini-arms. Anyone want to buy some 6" arms cheap (the 4" were sold)?

·
Super Moderator
28,431 Posts
That's likely something else I have to think about doing, the shorter arms. My knees are pretty flexed the way they are now. Still better than not having them though.
That's why I opted for pegs instead of Boards. Got these guys you can move them all around the crash bars & complete 360*. Plus once you get them set you can either toss your foot all the way on top of them, put your toes on them, or the ball of your foot (mutiple positions).

I'm just saying.:eek:

http://wingstuff.com/pgroup_detail/232_Footpeg_Floorboards/3452_Kuryakyn_Goldwing_Footpegs_w_Adjustable_1_Clamp/?goto=/pgroup_list/gl1800/232_goldwing_Footpeg_Floorboards/des/

·
Premium Member
23,765 Posts
With the original 6 in. extensions the boards were so far back that I could never have my boot heal touching the highwayboard heel ridge. The extension arm is level with the crash guard and the board is tilted upwards to the first incremental position. They are corner scrapers in tight aggressive turns, but that's not the fault of the floorboards. It's amazing what a simple 1.5 in. reduction in length did to change my leg comfort posture. When I add to this the 1 in. up/back bar risers it will be as good as it can get for those long slab rides to PA.

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Thanks a whole bunch chopin, I just got my LED fog lights and backrest and I gotta spend more coin! C'mon Lotto Max!!!!

·
Premium Member
23,765 Posts
That's why I opted for pegs instead of Boards. Got these guys you can move them all around the crash bars & complete 360*. Plus once you get them set you can either toss your foot all the way on top of them, put your toes on them, or the ball of your foot (mutiple positions).

I'm just saying.:eek:

http://wingstuff.com/pgroup_detail/232_Footpeg_Floorboards/3452_Kuryakyn_Goldwing_Footpegs_w_Adjustable_1_Clamp/?goto=/pgroup_list/gl1800/232_goldwing_Footpeg_Floorboards/des/
Remind me to get a picture of fossil's boot heels resting on top of his foot pegs going down the highway.

·
Super Moderator
28,431 Posts
Remind me to get a picture of fossil's boot heels resting on top of his foot pegs going down the highway.
You have seen it buddy. You can attest that I don't lie.

·
Super Moderator
28,431 Posts
Nothing like strecthing out & relaxing on the wheels of a wing.:D

·
Registered
193 Posts
www.ridingiswonderful.com

Go there and take a look,not cheap but very comfortable without making a wishbone out of yourself.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts