Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw a wing this weekend with switch Blade type highway pegs on the valve covers (not chrome). There was no name or mod number...(didn't look custom built). I was just seeing if anyone out there has seen these (attached in a pic) or know anything about them.

Attachments

·
Registered
41 Posts
I like. Compared to the big, clunky Kurky's those look trim and sweet, not to mention pretty well-positioned. I'd be curious who makes them, also.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Not many of those around!
I believe there were a few sets of those made some time ago and offered on another board.
I believe they were not well received enough to go into mass production!
Anybody else remember????
I have posted the question on the board I first found them on. Will report what I find out!

·
Super Moderator
9,857 Posts
I believe they were called Aero Pegs. Nice design, I just wonder what the added weight and stress from feet would do to the engine covers. There are a few other ones out there with simular design.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you so much....I had never seen these...

Thanks again,
Russell

·
Registered
22 Posts
Yes, they were advertised in Wingworld for a time. The were adjustable forward or backwards as I recall. Haven't seen them for a while. They were billet aluminum and seemed to me at least to be positioned to close to the valve covers for a comfortable leg position.

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
I remember seeing them advertized and the comments were good as far as comfort went. But I also remember many unfavourable comments about damaging the engine covers due to the stress they placed on the attachment points. Too bad, they were a nice clean install.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I can see where it would put added stress on the valve covers….but they really look good….ha ha…I think I will stick to another design of highway pegs.

Thank you all for all the imput, it help a bunch.
Russell

1 - 9 of 9 Posts