Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up my new Wing today and rode it the 4 hrs back to Miami. Perfect day and wow... Being a GW virgin all I can say is wow! Anyway after a few hours I was feeling like I wanted to place my feet up in some other position other than the normal riding position. Do you have a "Best highway peg for the vertically challenged" type recommendation for me... I am 5'6". Heels are just off the ground at a stop. I could force them to touch if I tried.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
23,775 Posts
Welcome home! There was a running bet on which addy you would be asking about first: Highway pegs or backrest. Pegs always seem to win. The first one pictured below is by far the most used by Wingers ( ErgoII Kuryakyn ). About $150.00. You can't go wrong with these. Their adjust-ability will work great for you. Taller riders find they need to " buy " the shorter arm extension to get the pegs more forward. The second one pictured are the ones I have, Highway Floorboards. I call them " Big Foot " for obvious reasons. Once I " buy " the shorter arm extension to get them more forward I'll be happy. These puppies are about $225.00. I've rode on both kinds and the difference is there, but not dramatic. I liked both. " Big Foot " allows for more foot movement left, right, up and down, with no specific pressure point. Of course there are other brands with slightly different styling, but these are the first choices to consider. P.S. The " up and down " adjust-ability on the highway pegs is more subtle than the Highway Boards.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
9,854 Posts
+1 for the Ergo II pegs. Have them on my 1800 and they are just right for me at 5'9". I had Marklin boards on my 1500. They were alright but not the best. Lots of choices. Ride safe..

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I kinda thought the Ergo IIs would work but that was based on the pictures in the ads. Now that I have a 'thumbs up' from you guys... that's what I'll get. Thanks for the responses

D*

·
Registered
19 Posts
If you have not made your purchase yet, just found the Ergo II's K4056 for $149.95 free shipping at Chrome World. Easy to install and look great. I now need to purchase the Mini arms the 5" are to long for me, work great for my son, his is your height. Good Luck..

·
Registered
219 Posts

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
Another yes for the Ergo's.Tip on the install though, watch the angle of the arms if you are using the boards and not the pegs, they will hang low and scrape real easy if the arms are level with the engine guards/cyl heads or below. I angled mine up a quite bit to avoid scraping as I like to heel her over every chance I get.

Attachments

·
Registered
43 Posts
Like fossil,I've got the Kuryakins that work well,however, when I was out at wingding I saw spring loaded pegs that allow feet to be lower rather than high and out front.The downside is they are over $300,and I wonder how they would be when cornering.

·
Premium Member
23,775 Posts
Another yes for the Ergo's.Tip on the install though, watch the angle of the arms if you are using the boards and not the pegs, they will hang low and scrape real easy if the arms are level with the engine guards/cyl heads or below. I angled mine up a quite bit to avoid scraping as I like to heel her over every chance I get.
You not right ! If you scrape your boards it's time to straighten up and fly right.

·
Premium Member
23,775 Posts

·
Super Moderator
28,453 Posts
Like fossil,I've got the Kuryakins that work well,however, when I was out at wingding I saw spring loaded pegs that allow feet to be lower rather than high and out front.The downside is they are over $300,and I wonder how they would be when cornering.
billybob I believe what you saw were Mick-O-Pegs. Odd looking at 1st but supposedly very good. Big with the BMW guys but they have them for other bikes including Wings. Not sure that I would spring for the extra bucks. Here's a link if anyone else is interested.

http://www.ridingiswonderful.com/

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
You not right ! If you scrape your boards it's time to straighten up and fly right.
Never Maestro, never! To heel over, corner and shower sparks is to live life at it's fullest. I'll never be Yellow Wolf but I can dream!:D

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
At chopin114

Chopin, you ain't right man.... OooooooKaaaaaaaay I'll start a thread on the backrest. Resistance is futile

·
Premium Member
23,775 Posts
Chopin, you ain't right man.... OooooooKaaaaaaaay I'll start a thread on the backrest. Resistance is futile
Of course there is only one here that I and the majority will recommend. It starts with a " U " and ends with " topia ".

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Installed Ergo IIs.... just what I needed

I installed the pegs today. these are exactly what I wanted/needed. :):):)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts