Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I bought my 2001 about 4 months ago and went ahead and purchased the Kury 4074 switchblade highway pegs. I could never get them adjusted comfortably.
After installing the Utopia back rest last week I tried adjusting them again, still no luck.
I need pegs that are closer to me and not as wide, it looks like the Ergo 2 Kury 4056 might be what I am looking for.

Anyone had the 2 styles to compare?
Is there a different bracket that can be used to achieve a different position?

·
Premium Member
23,776 Posts
What type of extension came with it to mount to the engine guard ? Do you have a picture or a site's picture we could see.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have exactly the opposite problem. My highway pegs' extensions put them too close to me. If I could see what you have, perhaps we could arrange a trade.

In the interest of full disclosure, you can see worn spots on one bracket, where I got a little enthusiastic exploring the cornering clearance (!), but you have to look fairly close to notice. If anyone else is interested, they are for sale. not as good as new, but a lot cheaper!

·
Premium Member
7,205 Posts
I have the Ergo II...I think you would them better. Just my opionion

·
Premium Member
23,776 Posts
Biikrbob: You have the same extensions that I finally ended up with . The 6 " extensions my Highway floorboards came with put them too close so I bought the 4" extension and they didn't quite do it for me either. You have the " Shorty Extensions " as I do and now I'm happy. You can start out trying the 6" extensions as I have a set sitting on the shelf downstairs. I know that our Admin " budoka " also has a pair because I sent him my 4" extensions to replace his 6". The 4" may be ideal for you but you won't know until you try the 6 " first. YOU CAN HAVE THEM. One note: I have the Kury Highway Floorboards which do not use the " clevis" mount, but looking at the Kury site pictures they appear to be interchangeable with the adapters you already have. The stock extensions may not guarantee that the pegs will only protrude 6" out from the guard but it will be closer than your currant 10". It will be the best it can be given the style you have. Picture No.1 is your pegs on the 6" extension. Picture No. 2 is the clevis adapter that I don't have which increases your lateral position from the guard. Picture No.3 is the set I have with the 6" extension that are sitting on a shelf downstairs.

Attachments

·
Registered
73 Posts
I'm 6'3" and have the shorty extensions like you have, they work perfectly for me.

I positioned mine all the way rearward on the engine guard, that way I could rest my heels on the pegs and stretch my legs all the way out.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Chopin114,
The bracket that mounts to the crash bar has "cleets" about 1/8" tal that allows it to pivot. The clevis that attaches the foot peg has 2 pegs the locate on the short extension.
If the 6" extension will work with this set up I would like to try them.
You can email "[email protected]" and we can set something up.
Thanks

·
Premium Member
23,776 Posts
Chopin114,
The bracket that mounts to the crash bar has "cleets" about 1/8" tal that allows it to pivot. The clevis that attaches the foot peg has 2 pegs the locate on the short extension.
If the 6" extension will work with this set up I would like to try them.
You can email "[email protected]" and we can set something up.
Thanks
They will work , Bob. No doubt your pegs came with the 6" extension back them because those extensions were standard with the pegs. If you wanted something shorter you had to order them separately and pay again. I think Kury finally made the desired extension an option at the time of the original order. E-mail coming your way.

·
Premium Member
23,776 Posts
Update: Your ship will not set sail today. Delay in route and the port closed before I could get there. Tomorrow the weather looks promising.

·
Registered
3 Posts
highway pegs

I have two different styles of kuriakin pegs, extended and straight. I also have the air wings on my gl1800. Never could find a comfortable set that allowed me to stretch out the legs comfortably until I tried the Mikopegs. Now, I rode to alaska(from Michigan)( this August. Absolutely loved them. Pricey??? I spend money for safety and for comfort. I don't spend money for show.
The following website may give you some udseful feedback.
http://www.goldwingfacts.com/forums/view_topic.php?id=57949&forum_id=4&print=1

regards

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
chopin114 is right, I have the 4" arms he sent me, made a big difference and I'm only 5'11". I also have the highway boards and wouldn't trade for anything, Just have to make sure the angle on the arms is correct so they don't ground out in tight corners. I'll see if I can find the post of the pics I took showing the arm angle I use.

·
Premium Member
23,776 Posts
chopin114 is right, I have the 4" arms he sent me, made a big difference and I'm only 5'11". I also have the highway boards and wouldn't trade for anything, Just have to make sure the angle on the arms is correct so they don't ground out in tight corners. I'll see if I can find the post of the pics I took showing the arm angle I use.
10-4 big D. Just sent the ship out today. If my ship works for " bikrbob " he may have a pair of " shorties " available for others. You might like the " shorties " as you can increase ground clearance without sacrificing stretch. Of course you could end up in the same boat.

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
Roger right back atcha good buddy (oops, that's dating us right?). Anyhoo, I found those pics. These were taken before the shorter arms and still had the mini-boards on then. Angle brings the knees up some, but now with the shorter arms and the same angle setting, knees are straighter, and they (highway boards) don't scrape until well after the full floorboards do. I've worn down the composite pads on the boards a mite, so maybe some custom titanium pads can be had from somewhere?!%$& ;) (just kidding...I think...:rolleyes:)
http://www.goldwingowners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6256&highlight=highway+boards
post #6

·
Premium Member
23,776 Posts
Roger right back atcha good buddy (oops, that's dating us right?). Anyhoo, I found those pics. These were taken before the shorter arms and still had the mini-boards on then. Angle brings the knees up some, but now with the shorter arms and the same angle setting, knees are straighter, and they (highway boards) don't scrape until well after the full floorboards do. I've worn down the composite pads on the boards a mite, so maybe some custom titanium pads can be had from somewhere?!%$& ;) (just kidding...I think...:rolleyes:)
http://www.goldwingowners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6256&highlight=highway+boards
post #6
Talk to " Buzzy ". Are you happy or satisfied with your comfort ? Can it be better besides different ?

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
If that's directed my way Maestro, yes I'm very happy. With the arms, boards pretty well everything:D. Just don't ask me how I feel about what the weather has done to frigg away the tail end of my riding season:mad:

·
Premium Member
23,776 Posts
If that's directed my way Maestro, yes I'm very happy. With the arms, boards pretty well everything:D. Just don't ask me how I feel about what the weather has done to frigg away the tail end of my riding season:mad:
Do what ' Rigginray ' did, move south.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Update on highway pegs,
Received the 6" extension from chopin114, thanks.
These feel better but it is raining tonight so I will have to wait for the test drive.

Few pictures of the shorties and then the 6", only thing I had to do was reverse where the bolts go. The short one only caught 1 thread so it doesn't look as nice. I will get a longer one this week and switch them back.

Although after I looked at the boards I like them, not crazy about the switch blade effect

Attachments

1 - 20 of 50 Posts