Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi my name is Rick , I have a 95 gl1500 SE . It runs great but I think I screwed up . The bike had been sitting for a couple of weeks when it was still kind of cold . I didn't have it on the trickle charger anymore . I went out to ride and it wouldn't start . i jumped it from a battery charger and took off . I have a volt meter on the bike and it is jumping all over . For awhile it will be normal and then it will climb to 20 volts and later maybe back down to normal . The altenator and battery seem to read fine and the bike runs great . Did I possibly screw up the voltage regulator ? Thanks

·
Super Moderator
7,671 Posts
To check and see if any damage was done put a digital voltmeter on the battery terminals and bring the rpms to about 2000 and see if the voltage being sent back is more than 14.0 volts, the gauge could have gone haywire after the jumping.

·
Premium Member
17,146 Posts
I think the Lady might be right. Some of the digital voltmeters and act strange at times.

If you got another volt meter you can just check across the battery terminals and see what the voltage is when the digital is reading high. Just a thought.
From the Northwest Corner
Ron

1 - 3 of 3 Posts