Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Morning, New to the misc maint on my 2002 goldwing 1800 and trying to save some $$. I am looking for information on how to or the steps requried to change the right side high beam. I have removed the right pocket but still cannot get to the light. Any advise?

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
Ray, to get at the headlight assembly, you have to remove the front of the fairing (sorry). It's fiddly and time consuming but it's not rocket science. For the high beam, you can get away with just the fairing pocket, but the low beam is farther inside the body work. I can get you a pdf for the removal if you don't have a service manual. Headlight is in section 20-8 and fairing is section 2-10 send me a PM if you need the info

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
Thanks for the clarification Joe, and hope I didn't scare Ray, just went by the info in the service manual. I never had to change any bulbs on my 1500 so I just took the written word. Experience is the greatest teacher.

·
Premium Member
23,776 Posts
Good Morning, New to the misc maint on my 2002 goldwing 1800 and trying to save some $$. I am looking for information on how to or the steps requried to change the right side high beam. I have removed the right pocket but still cannot get to the light. Any advise?
Find the member " Rapier " here. He told me he bought the F. Harmon videos. It's time he put his money into practice.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Thanks for the replies. I have changed the low beam before and yes I can reach it but I can not see or reach the high beam. I did remove the right lockable pocket but there are other plastic pieces in the way, vent etc. If you could send me the PDF I would greatly appreciate as I don't have a manual. I think I am going to invest in one soon though.

·
Premium Member
576 Posts
Welcome Ray, I see you are from Joshua Tree, been through there many times back in the mid 80's on my way to 29 "stumps".

·
Registered
31 Posts
2002 manual

If you need a manual............. I have one......2002..............sell for 15 dollars an you pay the shipping
Hisst

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Success, thank you all for your infromation. It took about 2 to 3 hours and many frustration pioints as my big hand would get in the way. At least I can see at night now. Thanks again to all.

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
Holy swine based comestible!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts