Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
741 Posts
My headlights are stock. However, my friend (Dookoo's Friend) has them and I have to say that his HID's are a huge improvement. Bright white light. I would venture to say twice as bright as stock.

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Wow Dookoo, that's saying something. I think the lights on mt 2009 are the best lights I've ever had on a bike. Do the HID's draw any more juice?

·
Registered
741 Posts
I use HID lighting for my night Mountain biking events. From what I remember, HID's use 1/3 the energy and output 3x the light. The light is a brighter white and makes night driving much safer. Now that we are on the topic, this will be my next addition to my Wing.

·
Registered
109 Posts
HID/Xenon is the way to go for the ultimate lighting system.
The result is a much more vivid sight map under the cover of darkness. 4300K - 5000K kit is equivalent to natural daylight. Light output from a 35W 4300K- 5000K HID Xenon system is about 300% more visible light than a 55W halogen bulb. As some have mentioned it draws less power from the electrical system and generate much less heat.

I have HIDs on everything I ride/drive - I have less than optimum night vision so the HIDs are a blessing. It really lights up the road :)

I am using the Philips Xenon kit made in Germany - a bit pricier than the knockoff Chinese kits but either way you will like the upgrade over halogen.

·
Premium Member
23,774 Posts
Don't have them but ride with one who does. I ride behind him at night for that reason. His low beams exceed my high beams, and that's just during the daytime.

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
I think that's next on the "add me" list!:D

·
Registered
59 Posts
DOOKOO could you give us a web sight or some part numbers for lets say 02 and newer bikes. Do you have your fog lights HD too? I am very interested in changing everything I own. I need to see the dear they scare me...

·
Registered
109 Posts
DOOKOO could you give us a web sight or some part numbers for lets say 02 and newer bikes. Do you have your fog lights HD too? I am very interested in changing everything I own. I need to see the dear they scare me...
I used to have a direct Philips contact in my area but he has gone MIA.
Here is an EBAY link for the same exact unit I am running:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/H7-P...r_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item53db38ac77

I believe the hi beams use the H7 as well. There are other cheap knockoff brands for much cheaper $$ available out there.

A friend just installed his HID unit from this supplier:
http://www.hidsrus.com/honda-gl1800-goldwing-xenon-kits-lights-conversions-headlights-bulbs/

I am also running HIDs on my fog lamps. I am full blown HID :D

·
Registered
73 Posts
A friend of mine here in town has a 97 1500 Goldwing that has been converted into a trike. He rides the trike in to the Diner every morning at 5:00am and his biggest complaint is the brightnesss of the headlights. The road into town is lousy with deer and he had to dodge a whole herd last week.

Is there a conversion kit that would fit his bike?

·
Registered
109 Posts
A friend of mine here in town has a 97 1500 Goldwing that has been converted into a trike. He rides the trike in to the Diner every morning at 5:00am and his biggest complaint is the brightnesss of the headlights. The road into town is lousy with deer and he had to dodge a whole herd last week.

Is there a conversion kit that would fit his bike?
There are HID kits for every type of headlight. I believe the 97 uses an H4 bulb so the HID kit he would need is an H4 unit. :)

·
Registered
741 Posts
I just ordered the Phillips H7 conversion kit that DooKoo's Friend has on his bike. I ordered these because I haven't heard of any issues as with the other lower priced knock offs, mainly the ballasts not working or failing. For my fogs, since the last two (Hondaline)were destroyed by road gravel, I went with the EC high output fog lights as their lens looks pretty indestructible and draw only 10 amps!

·
Registered
109 Posts
I just ordered the Phillips H7 conversion kit that DooKoo's Friend has on his bike. I ordered these because I haven't heard of any issues as with the other lower priced knock offs, mainly the ballasts not working or failing. For my fogs, since the last two (Hondaline)were destroyed by road gravel, I went with the EC high output fog lights as their lens looks pretty indestructible and draw only 10 amps!
Don't put your bike back together just yet :D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts