Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok as most of yall know the nose on my bike has to be replaced. I want to have HIDs installed while he is in there. The more I read the more I get confused. I think I want 50w 4300 bulbs.????? What do yall think? Does more $$$ mean longer lasting, slimer ballast, easier install??? Thanks

·
Premium Member
7,121 Posts
This is a question for the Don.....His headlights lit up like a shopping center.

·
Premium Member
1,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You are corect. Gonna call him tomorrow. With his info and here I will be what you would call an expert!

·
Registered
739 Posts
The hid headlights are only for annoying others!! If you have ever driven an auto with them in you will find the street signs light up great but they are worthless for lighting up the road in front of you. We have removed a lot of them because of this complaint.

·
Premium Member
1,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The hid headlights are only for annoying others!! If you have ever driven an auto with them in you will find the street signs light up great but they are worthless for lighting up the road in front of you. We have removed a lot of them because of this complaint.
So I take it that your "educated" opinion(since you get paid to ride :pide ),save my $ an but something else???

·
Registered
739 Posts
I do not think they are all they are cracked up to be. And yes that is my opinion, but you may like them. Go out and find a car with them and drive it at night to see for yourself. That is the one thing I like about this place, everybody gets to voice their opinion and nobody tells you you are wrong!

·
Premium Member
24,632 Posts
My wife's car has HID lights and they're good I think. I know guys that have put them in their sport bikes and swear by them. I'm totally satisfied with my Wing's stock headlights, they're the best I've had on any motorcycle.

·
Registered
718 Posts
I just installed HID headlights in my bike. Bright? yes and no. Street signs light up very well and make them easy to see. I wouldn't use them to land a 747 jumbo jet. Still too soon for me to decide if I like them yet as I have not rode dark backcountry roads much yet.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Ok, here's what I'm thinking on my new HID lights after a 1,176 mile trip to TN and back. So far, I've had at least two deer come to the edge of the road and watch me come up on them, turn around and run back into the woods. One squirrel got very lucky as he darted out in front of me. By ourself on a dark roadway they are just ok, IMO. In traffic, Hard to tell if they are any better. 'Cool' factor a plus. Would I spend the money on the kit again, maybe not. See if you can find someone who has them before spending over $150 on a kit, you may not like them. One on the plus side, I don't get blinded on reflection off road signs like before.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Headlamps designed for HID = OK
Headlamps not designed for HID and modified to add = don't know what you'll end up with but, it will not be good, nor, most likely legal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts