Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Banned
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well after 35 yrs of not riding..life, kids, business etc got in the way we are finally going to take the plunge. Notified the wife and kids I'll be selling or trading my truck off for a Goldwing..Why a Goldwing..simple..its reputation. I don't buy culture (Harley) BTDT..At 62 years of age I need to get my 2 wheel fix before its to late. I do not need a 4wd sitting in the driveway any longer. Cross country trip being planned for next year and who knows where it will take me..and no the wife will not be along for the adventure. Bikes scare her to death, besides she still has a few more years before retirement..Great site here, lots of info to digest. Look forward to meeting some of you on the road when my time comes..

·
Premium Member
7,936 Posts
Welcome to the GWOF, Pointman!

Glad to hear you'll be riding again. I took 6 years off after 30 years of riding, after a huge buck deer almost took me out on my 850GL Suzuki. Feels great to be riding again, and even my old (I mean "Classic"!) Wing is worthy of the brand's reputation. Hope to see you along the road!

·
Super Moderator
15,178 Posts
hello pointman, welcome to GWOF

·
Administrator
29,085 Posts
Greetings from PA. Enjoy the open road.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Welcome from Florida.

·
Premium Member
7,116 Posts
Good luck and Welcome to the GWOF

·
Premium Member
5,426 Posts
Welcome to GWOF from Maryland

·
Super Moderator
10,063 Posts
Welcome from the Keystone state and welcome to the Goldwing family. Ride safe and enjoy...

·
Premium Member
635 Posts
Welcome from Central Washington. Ride Safe.

·
Registered
6,712 Posts
Welcome to the forum from another Pa. posse.

·
Super Moderator
12,308 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum.

·
Premium Member
24,510 Posts
Welcome to the site. Post up some pics when you find your dream.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Welcome to a place where you will find advice, encouragement and friendship. Have you thought about getting a trike? I do not feel comfortable on a 2 wheel so we found a used trike and I love it. I have 5 years yet to retire but we go on the weekends and whenever else I have time off. Maybe your wife would feel safe on a trike.
Ride with the angels surrounding you.
God bless,
Angelmammaw

·
Premium Member
333 Posts
Welcome from North Texas and good luck on your search for a good 1500.....you will love it!!!!

Just remember..plastic chrome can get kinda pricey!!!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.