Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi to you all, thought i'd better intoduce myself to this great site, as iv'e been watching and reading for quiet awhile now, and love reading the threads as there is a mind of information going on here.
I've now bought my first goldwing, a gl1500 aspencade 2000 a couple of months ago and love it to bits:) but still a bit weary about the weight as im only 5'7" and just manage to get both feet down.
I now have a question to ask:confused: im thinking of getting a sat nav? and can't really make my mind up which to buy, a tom tom or a garmin nuvo/zumo? i have heard some people just use a car sat nav is this true!! and how easy are they to fit? i've also heard some people modifiy there fitting mounts away from the handle bars!!.
another question, are there any more brits members of this great site. Hope to here from you soon? all the best mark.

·
Premium Member
7,205 Posts
Welcome to forum Mark. Congrats on the new Wing.
I have a Garmin that works pretty well....can't speak to a car Tom Tom.
As far as Brits..I'm sure a couple around this bloody forum somewhere...If not Eric from Down Under will do in a spot. Sorry thats my best British Accent:D:D:D

·
Super Moderator
15,235 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,843 Posts
Welcome from Pennsylvania. I have a Garmin Nuvi 1350 with a Ram Mount system.
Works well for me. Ride safe and congrats on your new 2u wing..

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Welcome Mark. Yes there are a handful of UK-ers here, including a couple in Ireland and I think a Scott or two. Eric and Cloud 9 and Wing Down Under are Aussies, and there might be a Kiwi in here somewhere too (we are 'Royal Subjects' I reckon;)) I've used Zumo's over in Ireland and they're alright if a bit pricey. Nuvi's are popular and a good old Street Pilot will work too, so will the Tom-tom, they're just auto units is all (gloved hands might cause a bit of angst). It's really the capability that matters.

·
Premium Member
5,390 Posts
welcome to GWOF from Maryland , i also use Garmin on my wing and never had a issue with it

·
Registered
6,734 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Pa. Garmin Nuvi here also.Congrats on your first Wing and ride safe.

·
Super Moderator
7,660 Posts
Welcome to the forum, congrats on the new 2 U Wing. Glad you joined us.

·
Super Moderator
11,784 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum. I can't give any insight on the GPS as I don't use one. I just let the bike lead the way! :)

·
Premium Member
10,999 Posts
Welcome from Down Under. I haven't had my 84 wing for long but I sure have put some miles in on it in a short time. Get out there and post some photos of your trip. In that way I can ride England too. Eric

1 - 11 of 11 Posts