Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My name is Marty, and I just bought a 1993 GL 1500, my first Goldwing. I currently ride a VTX 1300 which is a great bike but not a Goldwing. Looking forward to all the comforts and hoping I can now talk my wife into riding with me. Thanks

·
Super Moderator
9,852 Posts
Welcome Marty to the forum from the Keystone state. Congrats on your first Wing. Get your wife on it and she will love it. Ride safe and enjoy..

·
Super Moderator
28,447 Posts
Marty, Have fun on the site & with the new wing. I can tell you that as a rider with wife on, that she'll probably love it once she tries it. My wife & I have a blast & actually are going x-country in June/July (I know the guys on the board are getting sick of hearing about it) & are excited beyond belief. Ride Safe

·
Premium Member
576 Posts
Welcome Marty, I know you'll enjoy your wing. ;)

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
hello and welcome to GWOF marty, did you get an interstate, aspy or se

·
Registered
67 Posts
Welcome Marty, I'm a newbie here myself and I also have an '06 VTX 1300s. As you stated, the VTX is a nice bike but after riding my VTX from Va to Kansas, Colorado, Wyoming and South Dakota last summer, it is by no means a touring bike.

I plan to restore my new to me '85 GL1200 Interstate for now and hopefully purchase a 2012 Goldwing for my 55th birthday.

Ride safe and enjoy the Wing.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just visited your website, you are one traveling son of a gun. Great pictures. Good luck on your restoration, I was reading the shop manual on my 1993, I hope it never breaks down, there are a million parts and honda did a great job of packaging them up in small places. If your ever in Texas give me shout at [email protected]

Marty

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Took my wife for her first ride the other day, she loved it. Now I have to get her some riding gear.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I just visited your website, you are one traveling son of a gun. Great pictures. Good luck on your restoration, I was reading the shop manual on my 1993, I hope it never breaks down, there are a million parts and honda did a great job of packaging them up in small places. If your ever in Texas give me shout at [email protected]

Marty
Thanks Marty. I am planning a trip out to Barstow, CA this summer and I'll be riding through Amarillo, TX (trying to follow the old Route 66). I'll shoot you an email as the time draws nigh.

BTW, I am a die-hard and long-time Dallas Cowboys fan (which is why my GL1200 and VTX are both Dallas Cowboys BLUE :)

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Welcome Marty, and do get that gear for your wife! On the plus side, not much ever goes wrong with these bikes, but you're a step ahead with that manual.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Wish you many good times on your Goldwing and welcome to the best motorcycle forum on the planet!
Donald Lang-Smooth Thunder

1 - 13 of 13 Posts