Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im a Suzuki Boulevard S83 rider (former Intruder 1400) with a deposit on GL 1800. Next week I will take a 2100 mile journey to pick up my trailer in Ga then to Halleysville Al to pick up the 2008 Goldwing and last 900Miles North to NJ. Suzy is a top havy bike which I've ridden in comfort for past 13000 miles.Im not concerned for the leg room .(I'm 5'8")but I wonder how the transition is gonna be. Also I have read in this blog about some sort of wobble.
I hope the deal will go well.
The pic under is of my future ride.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,556 Posts
Hi Gizmo from Texas. Welcome to the GWOF. You will love your new 1800 as even though I own a 1500, I've ridden the 1800 and it's a joy to ride. Even though it's heavier than your present bike, it won't feel like it as the weight is low and well balanced. I'm your height and can easily flat foot the 1800. You'll no doubt wonder why you waited so long to move to the Wing as it's IMO the finest touring motorcycle manufactured. And a trailer too; sounds like Christmas in May for you. Ride safe on your journey to pickup your new ride.

·
Premium Member
17,037 Posts
Welcome to the GWOF gizmo.
If you decide you don't like that new to you 1800, I'll give $100.00 for it as is.:D:rolleyes:
Really looks like a nice bike, seriously.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My wife is good looking too. Top hevy just like my present bike. No pics of her. lol.

On the serious side,how do you post a quote ? do you have to manualy write it every time?

·
Premium Member
17,037 Posts
My wife is good looking too. Top hevy just like my present bike. No pics of her. lol.

On the serious side,how do you post a quote ? do you have to manualy write it every time?
Quote is really easy. On the lower right of the text you are reading, just click on the (quote) button and you got it.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Ron, but what I meant is something like " if ain't broke try fixing it till it is"

·
Premium Member
7,556 Posts
Thanks Ron, but what I meant is something like " if ain't broke try fixing it till it is"
Did you understand how the quote thing works? I hit the quote button and up popped a text box with your quote at the top. I just started typing this message where the cursor was flashing. Nothing technical or difficult.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sorry Dan I'm a bit slow, have patience..the quote Im talking about has nothing to do with anything anyone said on this thread. It's simple a quote that I make up and I want added everytime I post something.

·
Premium Member
17,037 Posts
Ok got ya.
Near the top of the page in one of the gray bars running across the page find User CP, click on it. We your profile page opens look on the left side for edit your signature line, ( something like that ) click on it and you are there.
Hope it helps.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you sir, I will find out when this is posted. While is not mine ,I hope you like it.

·
Premium Member
17,037 Posts
Old Abe. came up with some good ones.

You got a bunch of GWOF members just across the line in Pa.
Had some family lived in Elizabeth, N.J. lost contact with them. over the years.

·
Premium Member
7,556 Posts
Lived most of my youth in Stanton, Delaware near Wilmington. Fond memores of the East Coast.

·
Super Moderator
7,638 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum.
Nice looking bike, congrats.

·
Super Moderator
9,855 Posts
Welcome to the forum from your neighbor in the Keystone State of Pa and congrats on your soon to be new Wing. Ride safe and enjoy the forum.

The "wobble" you refer to is what is experienced by some riders when they take their hands off the grips while riding down the road. Some bikes have it, some don't (mine does not). All kinds of theories exist as to why, ranging from poor or worn tires, improper tire pressure, bad or worn steering head bearings to out of balance tires on the front or back. Don't have a solution so I'll just say keep your hands on the grips.

Post some more pics when you get your new Wing.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thank you Two Weel, hopefully I wont have the problem, Im gonna post a few pics of my trip,as I always like to hear other peoples stories.
Good riding neighbor.

·
Premium Member
11,012 Posts
Welcome to GWOF from Down Under. Love ride reports with photos so bring it on. Eric

·
Super Moderator
15,118 Posts
hello gizmo, welcome to GWOF

·
Premium Member
23,812 Posts
Nice clean looking ride, gizmo. Don't worry about the " wobble " if you have it. We'll take care of that with your next tire change. Meanwhile, you have a lot of chrome to polish.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thank you guys I will keep my updates under "Recent Rides and Riding Experiences"

1 - 20 of 27 Posts