Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Jane and I keep looking at the new Honda Gold Wings and liking them more and more. We we're considering a BMW 1600 GTL but the main thing that stopped us on that is that the closest dealer is in Daytona, I can't see driving 80 miles one way anytime the the bike needs service. OTOH Honda has a dealer within 5 miles.
I currently ride a Yamaha Royal Star Tour Deluxe and it has been a fine ride just looking for something a bit nicer now that I am retired and we have the time to put some serious miles on the bike.
I'm off to Americade in a couple of weeks....Seems like a Goldwing Rally!

·
Premium Member
5,432 Posts
welcome to GWOF from Maryland , you will not regret getting a wing

·
Super Moderator
15,162 Posts
hello capri, welcome to GWOF. the best way to find out if a wing is what you want is to ride one. see if a dealer near you has a rental program and try one for a day or a weekend or what ever fits your budjet. me well i knew i wanted a wing so no test ride was needed

·
Administrator
29,013 Posts
A quick welcome from the Keystone State. As our good Dr. has said the best way to really decide is to ride. A Wing is a great machine but they are not for everyone. There are times that people rush to the decision only to end up with buyers remorse.

Good Luck on your search.

·
Registered
6,713 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Pa. Try riding one, you'll like it.

·
Premium Member
7,121 Posts
Welcome to the GWOF....Between the BMW and a Wing. You will be happy with either, but Jane will love the wing.

·
Premium Member
7,508 Posts
Goldwings remind me of Swiss Army knives. They do lots of things well as a do all bike except for off road use. Don't ask me how I know. Many of us cut our teeth riding 750, 1000, 1100, 1200, 1500 and the 1800. Folks here are true Wing loyalists and possess a thousand years of experience and knowledge of how to fix, mod, trike, trailer and farkle one out. We have die hard iron butt riders, daily riders and weekend warriors that love to help their fellows with questions about Wings.

·
Super Moderator
7,609 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum.
Test ride the Goldwing and you'll be wanting one.

·
Super Moderator
12,265 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum.

Try it, you'll like it. :D

·
Registered
203 Posts
Welcome to the forum. You will find good people here who are always willing to help!

Ride with the angels surrounding you.
God bless,
Angelmammaw

·
Super Moderator
10,000 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Pa and good luck on your decision. Whatever you buy, ride safe and enjoy the forum..

·
Premium Member
7,982 Posts
Hi, Capri, and welcome to the GWOF! I've put at least 3,000 miles on a Yamaha Royal Star, as it's my brother-in-law's spare bike in WA and whenever I/we visit it's at least 500 miles per trip. Good riding bike, but not a Wing.

You can say a lot of positive things about a Wing's performance, and they're all true, whether a new bike or classic model. What has surprised me more than anything since buying and riding mine is the "geometry" of the bike, by which I mean the effortless way it handles at road speed and at very low speed. Mine is an '85 1200 Aspencade, and have not even replaced/upgraded bearing/race sets yet in the stem and wheels; at 27 years old it's still as smooth as a warm knife thru butter.

The BMW is a fine machine. I've not ridden the 1600 yet, but I've ridden a few BMW opposed cylinders and watched the video at the "Forum" a few times and any experienced, honest motorcyclist has to say that it is a great motorcycle. And, I really like my nu2me Wing at this stage of the game! To each his/her own.

·
Premium Member
578 Posts
Welcome to the forum......

Some great advise posted above........

Ride Safe Always!!!!

·
Banned
2,948 Posts
Welcome from Seattle.

If you buy a lightly used Wing and try it out for awhile and don't like it, you can sell it for the exact same price you paid for it, providing you did your shopping well. There are some nice used wings out there with 7-10k miles on them.

·
Premium Member
24,632 Posts
Welcome to the site. GTL is a gorgeous bike, but in the two up creature comfort world, the Wing is the one;)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts