Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hi

2K views 12 replies 13 participants last post by  BadgerFn64 
#1 ·
Hey Y'all,
I am purchasing a 06 wing from a friend. It has 5000 miles and has been sitting in a garage for the last 3 or 4 years. I took it to my shop yesterday for a new battery and fresh gas (I work for a Harley dealer). She will turn over, but there is no fire. I did not hear the fuel pump spool up so that might be the problem. Anyway, after riding Harleys for over 10 years and a ST1300 for the last 3, I thought I might give a wing a try, especially since I am getting a heck of deal on this one. My bride does not like the ST and I am hoping she will ride with me more on the wing.
Ride Well
Suprdav

#2 ·
Hello and welcome to the forum.
Congrats on getting a new 2 U Wing.
check the relays under the seat, fuse, kill switch.
Possibly a bad fuel pump, someone on this forum had gotten a Wing that was sitting a long time and the fuel pump was bad.

#6 ·
Welcome to GWOF from Central Washington. Love the Mobile area, except the Humidity.

#7 ·
Never can have too many Bama boys.....Welcome.

#8 ·
Welcome to the forum from a few hours North of You. I have kin folk in your area and travel that way every now and then. Maybe we will cross paths while I am down there.

#9 ·
Welcome from Mississippi. My wife went with me on a few trips with the Yamaha Stratoliner. A friend gave her a ride on his Goldwing and I'm surprised she still hasn't slapped me. A few months later I owned two bikes. She likes the ride on the Wing a WHOLE LOT better. I'm sure your wife will be happy.

#11 ·
Welcome and congrats on your new Wing from the Keystone state..

#12 ·
Welcome suprdave, my wife didn't care for my ST either, or any of my cruisers; she's a Goldwing fan through and through. If you can't hear the pump kick in, it's a good chance that it's pooched, but check the fuses first.

#13 ·
Welcome from the Montgomery Area! We just got back from a trip there not too long ago. Love to stay at the Battlehouse and ride some of the Gulf Coast roads. This time we rode out to Dauphin Island. Not too impressed. I kind of prefer to go down the other side of Mobile Bay and into the Orange Beach area. Regardless, love your area down there!:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.