Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi riding x (harley) brand now but looking at new goldwing x brand is 2009 with 17000 miles i put on and about 1$15000 in add on 110 motor chrome everthing custom seat and on and on
now back to the goldwing i love to ride me and my 2 sons are going to ride to sturgis this year one son is 10 and will riding on bike of my bike other 27 riding a cvo fatbob 2009 the more i ride the more comfort i want i will have to test drive one soon
thanks gabe:):):)

·
Super Moderator
9,855 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Pennsylvania. Some x Harley folks on here that I'm sure can give you some advice. Enjoy the forum. Lots of nice folks on here. Enjoy your trip to Sturgis too and ride safe..

·
Super Moderator
28,454 Posts
Gabe, welcome from the Keystone State. You have come to a good place with equally good people who always are willing to help. If you buy the Wing which of course I'm going to recommend you do. I'm going to make a prediction that when you & the boys go to Sturgis you will find yourself somewhat bored by having to make all the stops you will be making. You can ride for miles & miles on a Wing. There have been ocassions when the little lady & I have not even got off the bike when we stop for fuel. I just pull up close enough stick the Card in the slot fuel & go & we have a 1500. Fuel stops for us are around 200 miles & we have already put on over 700 miles in a day. So I think you will see that you'll be comfortable & your 10yr old will probably feel like he's in a Cockpit of a Xwing fighter.:cool:

Anyway greetings again & ride safe with the boys.

·
Premium Member
23,775 Posts
If you ride a Goldwing you will probably buy it. The only downside to a Goldwing is the chrome-ing out of the Wing vs. a Harley. It's hard to justify paying that much for chrome ABS plastic. The upside is chromed- out Wings look nice but Wingers don't feel ugly or inferior about their bikes if they don't sparkle in the sun. They are not supposed to anyway. The envy factor resides in the utilities and comfort additions. It's all about the distance. We'll wait for your picture post of your Wing. :)

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
hello and welcome to GWOF 7125. you probally have floorboards on your harley so you may want to put some floorboards and highway boards on the wing

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
Welcome 7125. If you need a testimonial to the Wing, read the post below this and the result of flor1. There's nothing like a Goldwing for the long haul. I had a couple HD's in the past, but came back to the Wing and glad I did.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts