Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I've just retired & was allowed a Goldwing I reckon as an excuse to keep me out of the house since we have excellent riding weather most of the year - rain in the summer being the only occasional annoyance here on the coast. (I rode to work for 30 years out west & rarely got wet out there)

I picked up an 89 with only 47k km on the clock six months back. It is a gray import from Japan so had a few little oddities to keep me occupied fixing up.
I haven't talked my wife into hopping on yet, but as she has ridden on every bike I've had since we met 40 years ago, I reckon she will come around eventually.

I hope in due course I can add to the shared knowledge here.

·
Premium Member
11,008 Posts
Welcome to GWOF from Adelaide Sth. Australia. Good people here so join in and help this Aussie out. Our north bro. are snowed in and need a few ride reports. Eric

·
Super Moderator
28,455 Posts
Welcome along Bob. As my mate Eric (the Hoon) has eluded we have a Great bunch here & good discussion. He is also correct that some of us have entered hibernation season. I myself just got done clearing snow from the driveway with the snowblower 3 days ago & it's still in the yard.

Ride reports-yes, Pictures-yes, & discussion-yes.

Enjoy & Ride Safe.

·
Super Moderator
9,855 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Pennsylvania. Enjoy the forum and ride safe. Maybe you can meet up with Eric sometime..

·
Premium Member
7,205 Posts
Welcome to the GWOF....Ride safe

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Eric. We'll be in Adelaide for a few days next March to have a look around before hopping on the Indian Pacific for a couple days to Perth. After a couple of weeks snooping around WA, we'll fly back to CQ.
Needless to say my suggestion to do the trip on the bike didn't get much of a hearing - now that WOULD have been a ride report & a half (Google Earth says 4661 km, taking 2 days 3 hours - I don't see me doing that in less than a week)

Woops, better put in a Glossary; WA=Western Australia, CQ=Central Queensland, Indian Pacific is the transcontinental train from Sydney on the Pacific to Perth on the Indian Ocean

·
Premium Member
11,008 Posts
It's not that far to Adelaide and being retired mean you can now take your time to get around. How about planting the idea that you ride to Adelaide and meet your personal guide for some easy day trips out from Adelaide. Then go to Perth on the IP and fly back to Adelaide. Let me tell you a trip on the IP will cost you an arm and a leg, but what a trip. That trip is my regular run. Adelaide to Perth on a freight train. I am on my way back by train Monday and will get home Wednesday. Eric

·
Premium Member
23,776 Posts
Welcome from snow un-blessed Virginia, so far. You might want to check out the CAT Club. Ask Eric.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
"CAT Club" Please explain?

Thanks everyone.

Eric, Arm & leg already allocated (going Platinum class). I like train travel.
The inland route to Adelaide would be a good ride I agree. It would be all new territory for me once through the New England district. I've still got to talk the wife into the 700 km ride from here to my son in Townsville, so I've got Buckleys going 2400 km to Adelaide.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Bob, Welcome from the heartland of the US, Missouri! Not much in the way of the white stuff here yet, but the temps are saying winter. Enjoy the new ride, keep us posted on your travels. Ride safe!

·
Premium Member
11,008 Posts
The CAT club is my thing. CAT means: Candy Arse Tourers. I have given personal invitation to friends who have a warped scence of humor and would like a bit of fun with it. Eric

·
Super Moderator
7,673 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum from Ormond Beach Florida.
Congrats on your retirement and new 2 U Goldwing.
Enjoy.

·
Premium Member
5,390 Posts
welcome to GWOF from Maryland

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
Welcome Bob! I see the crew is well ahead in getting your feet wet around here. Not sure about those CAT ones, ye might want to watch them characters!:D

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
hello bob,welcome to GWOF. now you'll have to get eric to tell you the requirements for the cat club and the hat club

·
Registered
6,734 Posts
Welcome from Pa.Enjoy the forum and ride safe.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts