Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been lurking here for a little while, and thought I'd say hi. After an 18 year hiatus from riding while the kids were young, I decided this spring that this was going to be the year for the return to two wheels. I bought a 2010 Vulcan 900 and rode all spring and summer on it. Even with a replacement seat and a backrest, my wife just could never get comfortable enough for long rides. After a weekend ride we decided to start checking out some touring bikes and in September ended up buying a '06 Wing with 15,000 miles on it. I think the comfort issue is now a thing of the past :). Unfortunatly we got it too late in the year for a trip, but we'll do our best to give it a bit of a workout next year.

Cheers,
Kerry

·
Super Moderator
7,670 Posts
hello and welcome to the forum.
Congrats on the new 2 U Wing, ride safe and enjoy.
Take it for a short ride before the snow comes.

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the quick welcome TrikeLady. No worries, I've managed to put 1700 miles on it so far just riding around here. Hoping the weatherman is on his game and tomorrow lets me get out again. Would be very cool (pun intended) to ride into November, but I don't know if it'll hold off that long...

·
Super Moderator
15,239 Posts
hello edmkc, welcome to GWOF

·
Premium Member
23,773 Posts
Good Morning in Alberta. Our board Administrator lives up in your Territory. It feels like a second home to us around here. Thanks for using the U.S units of measurement for our convenience. Although we are an international forum the majority of us live in U.S.A. and consequently we are somewhat isolated from the standards of the rest of the world.

·
Super Moderator
9,851 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Penna. Hope you get a few more days of riding before winter sets in... Ride safe and enjoy..

·
Super Moderator
28,451 Posts
Hopefully your new wing won't have to wait too long to show its stuff.

Welcome to the GWOF.

·
Premium Member
5,390 Posts
Welcome to GWOF from Maryland

·
Premium Member
1,172 Posts
Welcome to the Forum from down in balmy Texas.

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thank you all for the warm welcome! I've already picked up a few pointers here, and I'm looking forward to more.

Got out again today, 57F when we started out. Yessss!

Cheers,
Kerry

·
Premium Member
253 Posts
Welcome edmkc, from the East Coast. I nice summer ride this way would break in your bike for you.

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Welcome edmkc, from the East Coast. I nice summer ride this way would break in your bike for you.
Oh man, I'd love that, but I don't think it's in the cards just yet. I met an older couple this summer finishing up an 8000mile ride on their 1500 and thought how great that would be. Down into the Southern US, across and back up and into your neck'o the woods then back to BC. Someday....

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
Welcome from a couple hours up North of you Kerry (I'm guessing the edm in your screen name signifies Edmonton?). Hopefully you canget some good jaunts in next season...this one ended way too soon for my liking.:(

·
Registered
240 Posts
Welcome from Massachusetts Ride safe and keep up that traveling

1 - 18 of 18 Posts