Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to this forum and joining you from Western Canada. Have always owned a motorcycle and made the change from 'dirt squirter' to the road 2005. After a couple of v-twins bought a 2000 GL1500, then went for a ride on a buddies GL1800. That was it!! I had to have one. Have been riding a 2008 Wing for the past three years. What a wonderful machine!!!
Rick

Attachments

·
Premium Member
647 Posts
Welcome to the Board Rick, from a neighbor South of the Border. Lots of good people and information here.
Ken

·
Super Moderator
15,237 Posts
hello rick, welcome to GWOF

·
Super Moderator
11,790 Posts
Hello Rick and welcome to the forum.

·
Premium Member
23,769 Posts
Welcome from over here, Ricker. Never owned or rode a 1500 but I still think it is one of the best looking Wings.

·
Super Moderator
9,847 Posts
Ricker, welcome to the forum from PA. You have had a great collection of bikes over the years. I'm with Chopin, I still love the looks of the 1500, but love the handling of the 1800. Ride safe and enjoy the site...

·
Premium Member
1,172 Posts
Love the looks of all the bikes, but I especially like the set of horns above the garage...your not a transplanted Texan are you?

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Welcome Ricker. Was just thinking that looked like Kalamalka Lake in the background. The "Lake of Many Colours" is the jewell of the Okanagan IMO. Nice rides all of them btw, but the dirt bike made me look at some of my old battle scars and wince some:eek:. Me and dirt bikes always seemed to mix up a recipe for pain, lost bark, and lots of imbedded gravel and splinters. Taught me well when I was a youngster on how to handle a bike in nasty conditions though, just wouldn't ride one now:rolleyes:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Welcome from over here, Ricker. Never owned or rode a 1500 but I still think it is one of the best looking Wings.
Thank-you & I agree!! But the 1800 is much more nimble with better power and braking.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Love the looks of all the bikes, but I especially like the set of horns above the garage...your not a transplanted Texan are you?
Thanks Willmax!
My Grandma was born in N. Dakota!!?? Does that count?:)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Welcome Ricker. Was just thinking that looked like Kalamalka Lake in the background. The "Lake of Many Colours" is the jewell of the Okanagan IMO. Nice rides all of them btw, but the dirt bike made me look at some of my old battle scars and wince some:eek:. Me and dirt bikes always seemed to mix up a recipe for pain, lost bark, and lots of imbedded gravel and splinters. Taught me well when I was a youngster on how to handle a bike in nasty conditions though, just wouldn't ride one now:rolleyes:
Yes! That is Kal Lake and the beautiful Coldstream Valley in the background of my '05 Road Star. And I have riden nearly all of the trails in the mountains on either side. Many miles of great dirt biking right outside my door. No more dirt squirt'in for me either. Was falling off way to much; just had to try and climb everything!!!
Same goes for the highways and back roads around here. Don't have to go very far for a scenic twisty ride.

·
Registered
6,734 Posts
Yes! That is Kal Lake and the beautiful Coldstream Valley in the background of my '05 Road Star. And I have riden nearly all of the trails in the mountains on either side. Many miles of great dirt biking right outside my door. No more dirt squirt'in for me either. Was falling off way to much; just had to try and climb everything!!!
Same goes for the highways and back roads around here. Don't have to go very far for a scenic twisty ride.
Suckes getting older we are not as nimble as we use to be.Enjoy the forum Rick.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts