Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi every body, i am new on here as you know and am hoping that it will be informative and also make some new friends that ride . so my first action is a question and ill start a new post in the right place for it but thanks for allowing me in and hopeto get to know all . thanks again oh i am a motorcycle atv and anything else machanic here around our area which is very small and sparsely populated. my town has a total of 120 people in it all together but the rural community is huge just spread way out .

·
Super Moderator
9,855 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Pa. Glad you found us. Nice folks and good info on here. What do you ride?

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
Welcome from the snowbound north above you chadd. Yeah, tell uswhat your scoot is.

·
Premium Member
1,404 Posts
Welcome from NC.

Lots of good advice and a lot of knoweldge here. Hope you enjoy and return often.

·
Premium Member
11,008 Posts
Welcome from Down Under. If you want to learn about wings and get to know someone that you can call a friend or in my case mate. You have come to the right place. Eric

·
Premium Member
17,146 Posts
Hi Chadd:
Welcome from the Northwest Corner. come on in the water's fine.
Ron

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
hello chadd, welcome to GWOF

·
Super Moderator
28,454 Posts
Greetings Colorado Chadd.

Ask all the questions you can muster. You will get varying opinions & answers which is good. Great bunch of guys here with equally great discussion thrown in with a small amount of fun nonsense.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hey

thanks for all the kind welcomes, well i have two different bikes i have the 85 wing limited that i was just workin on and i also have a 85 suzuki maduraglf1200. they only made them in 85 86 so they are kinda rare. but i love them both. i dont ride as much as i used to since i had my back surgeries starting in o2 but i still do some. i used to go to sturgis every year and alot of other around here riding but havnt been anywhere for a long time . to the guy from down under, i have always wanted to go to austrailia to visit but i would love to move there .its been my dream to just get to go sometime. i dont think ill ever get to now though as im on disability and you all im sure know the money situation there? its not good. my wife teaches kindergarten in a very small school and the pay there isnt much either, and with two kids a 8 year old girl and a 20 year old girl getting ready to get married ,well its been rough. but we always have our bikes to fall back on when things get too much huh? well again thanks for all the kind greetings and hope to talk to all soon

·
Premium Member
23,775 Posts
I had to Yahoo map McClave , CO chadd. Your on the map. I'm counting a total of eight streets there. Sweet little hideaway you have there. You closest riding buddy on this forum would be Lonewolftx in Brewster, KS. The rest of your buddies are all here on the forum.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
hey

yes its nice out here, but i was born and raised out in the country about 50 miles to the nearset town and it was a very small town kinda like mcclave, it was walsh. and the nearest town of any size was lamar. and it sucks. if you ma those towns you can see the distance between anything. i love it here we are about twenty miles from lamar and three from mcclave . its nice and quiet. alot of very nice guys on here. its a nice place just to come chat too i see. ,hope no one minds if i do that sometimes? thanks again guys

·
Premium Member
11,008 Posts
Chadd. Keep getting up mate and don't let go of the things that you would like to do. The future is a funny thing. Have a look at the post [Adelaide to Philip Island]. My youngest son 8 years ago was in a wheel chair. He had a gastric pump attached 24 hours a day, he couldnt eat or drink. He had a chemo port in his chest and then the doctors said they could do no more and that was when we first went to the USA. I sold my property to get the cash and never regreted it. Now look at him, he still has problems but you would never know it by looking at him. Two days before leaving for that trip he had plasters taken off both legs a week early so that he could go. The plasters were on so that he would be able to walk properly for the first time. He had been ain a wheel chair for so long that his bones had growen but his tendons hadn't. For me to be able to go with my son on a bike trip was pure gold. Something that we will stay with us for life. If things change and it becomes posiable I'm your man, I would join you with a trip of a life time. Your mate Down Under.

·
Premium Member
1,404 Posts
Eric,

I have read many of your posts. You are always upbeat and enjoyed reading about your trip. We laugh together, encourage one another and help each other when we can. I have to say this is one of the most inspirational posts I have ever read. I didn't realize the history with your son although I read about his casts coming off early. We are blessed to have you on this site and just wanted to say thank you for reminding us that change for the better can happen and often does. This week we will celebrate Thanksgiving. I am happy to hear of your sons success and hope he continues to improve.

Keep us posted and keep teaching us new phrases. My mates at work now know that we need to "rug up" as it now cold.

Catch you in the traps my friend.

Tim

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
Welcome from the Tar Heel state :)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts