Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello everyone,
My name is Shlomy and im 26 years old.
Untill now i've been an expert with the silverwing, maintaining it by myself.
Had the 400cc version for 3 years and for some time, as now, the 600cc.
It has been very nice but i always was qurious about the GL ride..
Last week i took a test drive on a GL and i was :eek:!
Of course i intend to buy one in the close time but there are some problems here in our tiny country..
1.There is only 50-60 1800's in the whole country, so there is only 2 examplers for sale..
2.The are ridiculously expensive (25000$ for 2001) which make life much harder..
First one is 2001 with 25000mi and the second is a 2004 with 44000.
What say you? which one is prefered?

Thanks,

Shlomy.

·
Super Moderator
11,784 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum.

I'd go with the 2004, I think they had the frame issue fixed by then.

·
Registered
263 Posts
'04 gets my vote

I second the '04 but only because of the younger age. The extra miles don't mean anything much at all. It means that it is just about broken in is all. Buy it and have fun with it.

·
Premium Member
11,001 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Australia. I think which ever is the better colour or better price. Both would be a good set of wheels. Eric

·
Super Moderator
9,844 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Pa. I think either would be a good purchase. Just make sure the fame has been checked on the 2001. A dealer can check the vin# to verify. God luck and ride safe..

·
Registered
219 Posts
Welcome to the forum shlomy from Sydney Australia. Its good to see that we have an international language which is bike riding :D.
I would go the 2004 model like Cantankerous said just make sure that the frame is not cracked

Len

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks all for the answers.
Now, i understand there is a farme issue(It cracks??) on the 2001's?
Also if anyone can tell me or share a link that containes all the GL1800 issues.

Thanks a lot,
Shlomy.

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Schlomy2000, welcome to the site. In Canada (not sure about the US or abroad or where you are even; em, where exactly are you?) the models that were affected were 2003 and 2004:
2003 VIN# 1HFSC475*3A200281 To 1HFSC475*3A201070
2004 VIN# 1HFSC475*4A300001 To 1HFSC475*4A300120

Any Honda dealer should have access to the bulletin that applies to the GL1800 frame issue, just take them the VIN# and they can look it up. The only glitch is knowing the origin of the release of the bike originally. Canadian dealers can't search a US model, US delaers can't search a bike destined for retail in Australia etc. Good luck

·
Registered
470 Posts
Welcome Shlomy....from Ontario Canada....whatever one you get...enjoy!:)

·
Premium Member
647 Posts
Welcome Shlomy from Central Washington State. You'll love Goldwing which ever you buy.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Thank you all again for the lovely welcome!
Now,last questions are what is the GL1800's fuel consumption and when after how much consumed fuel the gauge is in the red zone? (in other words, when does it go on it's reserve fuel?)

Shlomy

1 - 12 of 12 Posts