Honda Goldwing Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
there is most definitely LOTS of info and opinions about tires (and oil) on this site
just do a search and decide for yourself........ some of us keep what we are running in our signatures if you expand them

Reactions: Blazerkane60

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Welcome to the forum, Where are you from.

I see you have already searched technical forum for your issues.

What do the tire looks like? What air pressure? I like the front on the higher side (40psi rather than 36) to help with wobble, reduce cupping and improve life mileage. That said, I'm thinking two new tires are in your future. Perhaps a check of the torque on the steering stem bearings. A fork brace can correct the wobble as well.

The GL1800 is not as prone to the lever switches acting up. I would concentrate on the actual SET/COAST and RESUME/ACCEL thumb switches first, particularly if they have rarely ever been used.
Sorry wrong post.....lol

·
Registered
249 Posts
I had the same problem on my 93 1500 after I installed chrome levers, the cruise light would come on but the set light would not stay lit. After running all the switch the checks and finding nothing I inadvertently found that by turning the cruise on and holding the front brake lever away from the bar the cruise would set but as soon as I released the outward pressure it would disengage. I took the lever off and compared it to the original and found a tiny casting spur on the new one, ground the spur off and cruise worked for at least 73,000 miles. Sometimes the simplest cure worked wonders.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Welcome from Georgia,looks like you are getting some good info,i had the problem with the shake on my 03,ended up having to change out my stem bearings,making sure you have the right torqe on them also,on my 08,had the shake,thought it was the tires,ended up stopping it with a fork brace,good luck,and safe riding

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I had the same problem on my 93 1500 after I installed chrome levers, the cruise light would come on but the set light would not stay lit. After running all the switch the checks and finding nothing I inadvertently found that by turning the cruise on and holding the front brake lever away from the bar the cruise would set but as soon as I released the outward pressure it would disengage. I took the lever off and compared it to the original and found a tiny casting spur on the new one, ground the spur off and cruise worked for at least 73,000 miles. Sometimes the simplest cure worked wonders.
Thanks for the info. I am will to try anything.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts