Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi from South Carolina.

Just traded my fifteen year old '96 Valkyrie for a blue '05 GW with 1066 miles. Had the oil,filter,brake fluid,clutch fluid and coolent replaced. Checked the tires for checking/weathering and all seems like new. Loaded up spouse, luggage, Garmin and fuel and headed to Asheville to meet up with some friends. Then traveled to Boone,NC and on up the BRP to Sky Line Drive and west into VA, WVA and then home.

We will allways keep a very special place in our hearts and memories for our Valkyrie and are both thrilled to own this GW. She performed perfectly and even with over twelve hundred pounds, got almost forty seven mpg on the parkway and forty four comming home on the interstates.

I love the way she handles curves like a sport bike and everything else about her. I just turned sixty eight and have been riding since I was fifteen. I should have owned a Goldwing years ago.

Glad to be a member and Hope to meet some of you soon.

george

·
Premium Member
1,404 Posts
Welcome Georege,
I could have nearly waved at you as you went by. That is one great rides.
Sounds like you have found the perfect match in a ride too.

Best of luck and as always, send pics when discussing new bikes.

·
Registered
6,734 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Pa. enjoy your new ride.

·
Super Moderator
9,855 Posts
Congrats on your Wing and welcome to the forum. Sounds like you had a great trip. Probably the first of many. Ride safe... Is your screen name ZAGNUT because you like the candy bar!!!!

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
hello george, welcome to GWOF

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the welcome, and yes it was a great trip. I chose the screen name because it made me smile when I thought of using it. The candy bar is ok but havn't had one in years. I'll have to try them again.
george

·
Registered
93 Posts
Welcome George from Indiana. I ride a 2000 GW 1500. much different than my last one which was a 1982 GW 1100. well enjoy the ride and welcome aboard

·
Super Moderator
9,855 Posts
The candy bar is ok but havn't had one in years. I'll have to try them again.
george
I haven't either, but then again, I've never met a candy bar I didn't like. :D

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
Welcome George!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts