Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This my first post on thr forum, so here goes!

I have just bought my first Goldwing which I have dreamed about for the last 25 years, she is a 2000 GL1500SE in candy red.
I've been looking for one for the last 3-4 months i've been to see quite a few but when I saw this one I fell in love with her straight away.

I haven't riden a bike for the last 20 years so if you have any tips on handling the big girl would be greatly appreciated.

Look forward to speaking to you all soon. ;)

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Welcome along Hullboy. We've got a few members from your neck of the woods. What I'd recommend first is some slow time/parking lot speed handling maneuvers to get used to the heft of the Wing. They're big, but not ungainly once you're used to them. The weight is carried low so once accustomed to the size, they are very easy to handle. And they're powerful, so judicious use of the throttle at the start:D

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
budoka,

Thanks for the tip, I'll give it a go. :D

·
Premium Member
11,006 Posts
Firstly welcome from Down Under. Do ask me why but do not put it on the stand with the bike faceing down hill. Once it starts to come down, it all down hill. Eric

·
Super Moderator
9,853 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Pennsylvania and congrats on your new 2u wing. Practice, practice, practice... Ride safe and enjoy..

·
Premium Member
5,390 Posts
welcome to GWOF from Maryland , enjoy your stay

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hello from Ireland , I find the wing easy to handle when moving even at low speeds , the reverse gear is great for me , just watch the extras as it's easy to spend a lot of pounds on her , make sure you check USA web sites , prices are better , depending on the exchange rate . Welcome to a new lifestyle , you ride them in a totally different manner .

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
hello hullboy, welcome to GWOF

·
Registered
6,734 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum. If they have them in the UK I would suggest a motorcycle saftey class.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi everyone thanks for you responses.

Thanks for the tips especially about parking downhill as I live on a hill. I'll let you know how I get on.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Welcome from Cayce SC USA , I'll only warn you to pay attention to the road when you ride and NOT all the buttons and knobs on a wing. Lost a friend who was more interested in setting his GPS then watching the road.

·
Premium Member
1,172 Posts
Hello, Hullboy from Texas. Just got back from a trip to Scotland and northern England. That's a beautiful country you call home.

·
Premium Member
46 Posts
Hullboy33
Someday I would love to make a trip to the UK and ride the Cotswolds. Have you ever ridden in that area?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts