Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw on another posting that you have some ideas for the wing. Not trying to butt in on your work but I am familar with the process of getting ideas to market. Maybe you already know how this all works, if so, my apology for butting in.

I have over 20 years of quoting molds for plastic and die cast parts. I have designed and built over 50 myself and probably well over 500 with crew of up to 16. It is a difficult process to navigate thru to get an idea thru design and construction and gets confusing for most.

I not trying to get in on your ideas and don't need to know any details. I am not offering services as I no longer have a machine shop. I am offering to share how this works as I have learned from many others here about the bikes I own and glad to pay it forward. And I might need some advise someday if I ever decide to take by 1500 up from 2 wheels to 3.

I have some ideas I am working on. I spend a lot of my time in the winter designing on the computer and building it in the shop. These are the things that keep me excited and motivated. Glad to see others with the same interests. Either way, best of luck with your adventures.

·
Super Moderator
7,668 Posts
Thanks love2ride,
I have designs for accessories for wings and trikes, I have a series of fancy handles to open trike trunks and matching ones for the tour boxes, fancy foot pegs and custom wheels for GL-1800 and 1500 bikes and trikes. I know 1800 owners would love to have a set of matching wheels and brake rotors. I have a shop that does my powder coating for my metal parts, I have the luggage rack on my 1500 done and I recently sent out the star washers. What I want to create is one off components, as everything is mass produced and can be gotten everywhere. In Florida it is hard to do anything as there is no real down time (Winter) where I can sit and spend time working on things.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Hi trike lady...I was at a local Honda dealer, who is hoarding 09 and 10 Wings due to the abscence of 11's. He's selling Lehman trikes for $45k CDN, no bickering. he said they were $50k! :eek:
Now where I live, you can buy a small house for that kind of $.
In your opinion, is this resonable or over the top? I realize supply, demand and geographic location may also come into it, but holy smokes, $45K? (plus our 13% tax).
Strat

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Pricey yes Strat, but they're selling for $35k+ south of the border, so it's not really out of line. Lehmans are all produced in the States now as far as I know, which means they have to be imported to Canada. As I mentioned to Trike Lady a bit ago, any trike conversion done in the US now is considered a NEW bike as far as Customs and Revenue Canada is concerned, no matter what the model year of the original bike was (way to hose us again Ottawa and your minions in Winnipeg!). I paid $3500 USD for my conversion on the 1500 in '94 and had it done an hour down the road from me in Westlock Ab where John Lehman had his original shop. Things change huh.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts